Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ok this has been bugging me for a while now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies

are there really people out there that cant get any help from family in some way?

my parents ask me everyday if i need anything from food to diapers to toilet paper, even if they are traveling and i need something they will put money in my bank so i can get it. i understand that sometimes we dont have parents anymore but come on there has to be someone that you know that can help you in some way even if you have to pay them back. 

ok now im off to make me a bowl of cereal and watch sesame street with my little one, i will respond when i have time

EDIT: i understand there are times when there is no one but see i dont understand how a parent can abandon their child like that. it boggles my mind when someone says that their mom or dad doesnt care about them

i would hope those moms out there that have parents like that will treat their child better and help out if they can, even if its something small and im sure yall ladies do 

i know when my son gets older and he needs my help, i would do what i could to help him out 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Some of us have cut the cord.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this
My family is just as broke as me. If I need something I have to figure out a way to do it. Not everyone's families have money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll be honest. My husband and I earn a good living. If we needed something our parents would foot the bill. They send me checks on a regular basis to treat myself.
mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I think there are alot of people who have family they can't depend on. I thought every family was like mine. We are very close and would do whatever we could to help each other. But I've learnt that we are the exception. I think it's really sad but it's true. I'm glad you have such a supportive family. 

Venae
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

And some families are crazy, so you don't want anything to do w/them.

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I can't. Both our families are worse off than we have ever been. If we need something it is on us to figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM

but if you have no food, would your mom or dad really want to see their grand kids go hungry? i mean if they have a little extra money to help would they if you really needed it?

Quoting Anonymous:

My family is just as broke as me. If I need something I have to figure out a way to do it. Not everyone's families have money.

Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Yup. I asked my family for help when I was homeless and pregnant with my son, and they bragged about their brand new computers and cars, and told me if I would have had the abortion my moms mom wanted me to have, I wouldn't be in that position. This all after they held me hostage for 4 months after my mom was arrested. They hate me with a passion (except my sister and mom). It breaks my heart, all I ever wanted was family, and I got mine, and they did this to me. Its awesome yours is so helpful though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Arika on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
His family would help us out to a certain extent if we absolutely needed it, but my parents wouldn't. My grandma and grandpa on the other hand would sell their house if it meant helping us out. We don't ask anyone for help though, but its nice to know we do have someone in a real emergency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM
If we needed help no neither of our families would help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)