Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ok this has been bugging me for a while now

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

are there really people out there that cant get any help from family in some way?

my parents ask me everyday if i need anything from food to diapers to toilet paper, even if they are traveling and i need something they will put money in my bank so i can get it. i understand that sometimes we dont have parents anymore but come on there has to be someone that you know that can help you in some way even if you have to pay them back. 

ok now im off to make me a bowl of cereal and watch sesame street with my little one, i will respond when i have time

EDIT: i understand there are times when there is no one but see i dont understand how a parent can abandon their child like that. it boggles my mind when someone says that their mom or dad doesnt care about them

i would hope those moms out there that have parents like that will treat their child better and help out if they can, even if its something small and im sure yall ladies do 

i know when my son gets older and he needs my help, i would do what i could to help him out 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

we are very close, last year SO lost his job and we got kicked out of the place we were renting and even though they really didnt have the space they took us in till we got back on our feet. it just amazes me that some people have family that they cant depend on. to me family is supposed to help you out the best they can 

Quoting mybabysmama35:

I think there are alot of people who have family they can't depend on. I thought every family was like mine. We are very close and would do whatever we could to help each other. But I've learnt that we are the exception. I think it's really sad but it's true. I'm glad you have such a supportive family. 

KME445
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Occasional help from family is one thing, but what kind of situation are you in that your parents ask about it **DAILY** and have to interrupt vacation/travel time to put money in your bank account?

I wouldn't be proud of this.  AT. ALL.

Quoting Anonymous:

are there really people out there that cant get any help from family in some way?

my parents ask me everyday if i need anything from food to diapers to toilet paper, even if they are traveling and i need something they will put money in my bank so i can get it. i understand that sometimes we dont have parents anymore but come on there has to be someone that you know that can help you in some way even if you have to pay them back. 

ok now im off to make me a bowl of cereal and watch sesame street with my little one, i will respond when i have time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM
My parents arent millionaires by any means but they help ALOT. We live in their rental for free utilities paid, and they sometimes loan us money on the side. For the last 4 years I write a check every month for $1500 and they tear it up. I have gone as far as having money transferred into their acct but it still ends up back into our acct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. But in today's world that's not always the case. When I watch Judge Judy and I see mothers suing children and vice versa it makes me so sad!!! I don't think any amount of money is worth losing a relationship with your child!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

we are very close, last year SO lost his job and we got kicked out of the place we were renting and even though they really didnt have the space they took us in till we got back on our feet. it just amazes me that some people have family that they cant depend on. to me family is supposed to help you out the best they can 

Quoting mybabysmama35:

I think there are alot of people who have family they can't depend on. I thought every family was like mine. We are very close and would do whatever we could to help each other. But I've learnt that we are the exception. I think it's really sad but it's true. I'm glad you have such a supportive family. 

HadleyAzure
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I wouldn't accept any money from them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had to ask for help from my dad too often. I feel awful. When DH lost his job, it took us both 7 months to find work and he financially supported us the whole time. He also gave us a $15,000 vehicle not long after our first was born. I feel unbelievably blessed to have him as a dad.
GodchickwithMS
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM
his family beat him and sexually abused him. my parents cut me off after giving me 50,000 for my divorce and custody battle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
august_baby_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Not all of us have good families or even speak to them. My mom would do anything for me however, my father I cut all ties to. He was abusive and always took my $$ after he made me start working at 14 years old. Now when dd gets older I will be like your parents. But not all of us are that fortunate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrimer
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM
I wonder the same thing. Both my mom and DHs mom offer help everyday.. its awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaK313
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM
My parents and grandparents would help us out anytime we asked, but thank goodness we don't need it. I still think it's nice to know they're there if we needed them though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)