Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If foodstamps no longer existed( so bascially if the program stopped being available)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What would society be like? Answer as you like. I don't have a particular reason for this post, but let's see where it takes us:)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Replies (481-484):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

If you would like to change your situation for the better, then I would suggest you get an education or training in a field where employers are looking for employees. 

And yes, of course emergencies and bad things can and do happen.  Have you ever heard of disability insurance?  No, it won't replace our full incomes, but we could downgrade our lifestyle if need be.  And if one of us were hurt or injured, God forbid, we would be able to hire a caretaker.  I would not expect my husband to quit his job to care for me and I'm sure he wouldnt want me to do that either. We would need that income where as now we don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Please inform me. I'd love to change my situation? Where can I find a better job? And that's really awesome, but I'm not talking about just that, you can always have sudden disabilities, suddn carwrecks that disable you and your husband or paralyze either of you, and then have to take care of your husband or wife.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we both have recruiters and businesses calling on a monthly basis (or more) trying to entice us to other places and positions.  I actually quit taking on additional clients about 10 years ago. 

I realize the economy is hurting, probably more than many people out there, but I also know there is work out there if you want it and are willing to actually work.  Every individual has the ability to change their situation if they really want to.  It's rare I read anyone on this board who is really willing to.  Usually all I read is "Whoa is me....how can I feed my 4 kids with only $500/month in food stamps?"

Quoting Anonymous:

And the (which would never happen) and (if it did) how do you think you can be so certain?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh please, lol.  I'm hardly being "prideful". I'm posting anonymously and gain no recognition or glory as a result of my thoughts and opinions. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Yes, I've heard of disability insurance. I have it!! That doesn't mean it wouldn't take time coming in or the insurance or company would find a way out of having to cover the expenses or cutting a check, not to mention, caretakers are expensive and some hospitials request that a spouse or relative be present in some situations causing you to take time off work. Nothing is guaranteed in this life. My husband and I have 3 vehicles paid for, a house, and jobs with good medical benefits along with good retirement plan. That doesn't mean I look down on others. I look on helping them up. Also, I have an education and training in a field where employers are needed, so that wasn't very good advice, not to mention, that costs money and some people can't afford it and if you have ever had a felony you can't receive a pellgrant, so people who want to change their lives that have a past will struggle more and some are convicted of felonies they didn't even commit! I rely on God and I know everything that I receive is bbecause of him, not of myself, and I know I could lose it all tomorrow, and if I do, I will get back up and I might struggle for a bit, but we'd manage In the good and the bad. Never critize anyone until you've walked down that path before. I've gone through good and bad. It doesn't mean I'm a bad person, it means I have experince to share.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you would like to change your situation for the better, then I would suggest you get an education or training in a field where employers are looking for employees. 

And yes, of course emergencies and bad things can and do happen.  Have you ever heard of disability insurance?  No, it won't replace our full incomes, but we could downgrade our lifestyle if need be.  And if one of us were hurt or injured, God forbid, we would be able to hire a caretaker.  I would not expect my husband to quit his job to care for me and I'm sure he wouldnt want me to do that either. We would need that income where as now we don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Please inform me. I'd love to change my situation? Where can I find a better job? And that's really awesome, but I'm not talking about just that, you can always have sudden disabilities, suddn carwrecks that disable you and your husband or paralyze either of you, and then have to take care of your husband or wife.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we both have recruiters and businesses calling on a monthly basis (or more) trying to entice us to other places and positions.  I actually quit taking on additional clients about 10 years ago. 

I realize the economy is hurting, probably more than many people out there, but I also know there is work out there if you want it and are willing to actually work.  Every individual has the ability to change their situation if they really want to.  It's rare I read anyone on this board who is really willing to.  Usually all I read is "Whoa is me....how can I feed my 4 kids with only $500/month in food stamps?"

Quoting Anonymous:

And the (which would never happen) and (if it did) how do you think you can be so certain?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh please, lol.  I'm hardly being "prideful". I'm posting anonymously and gain no recognition or glory as a result of my thoughts and opinions. 

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Quoting So_Devious20:

I am one of those people. I just don't make enough not to get it. I would actually feel guilty getting it if I didn't work, since working at least shows I am trying to support my DD myself. It's people who sot on their ass and be lazy all day that gives the program a bad name. By paying taxes I am contributing to the PA that I get.
CafeMom Tickers
T06T08T10
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Hungary crabby people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)