Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If foodstamps no longer existed( so bascially if the program stopped being available)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What would society be like? Answer as you like. I don't have a particular reason for this post, but let's see where it takes us:)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Replies (431-440):
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM
This is the first I've heard of it ending. Google it. Other programs will run out of money in 2033.

Quoting celestegood:

They say social security will end every five years, if not more often, than that.

They refinance things, tweak a thing or two....and its ok again.

I woudn't put any faith in empty threats from the government.  They would end lesser types of assistance before they would end disability or straight social security.

Quoting numonestunar:

I'm on my cell phone so c&p is a pita. Google it. You'll find many links.
I heard it on the news.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting numonestunar:

Disability will run out in 4 years.

Quoting AdellesMom:

No more PA? So, no more SSI & Dissability too? There are people that need PA. Do people really want kids to starve to death?

I would like to see where you got this from.  If it is true I know many disabled people who would be in trouble.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Why do I have to provide the research? Google it yourself. I am repeating what I've heard on the news and then I researched it myself. Research it yourself...huh, what a concept.
When I'm off work, I'll gladly provide links if you're incapable of doing it yourself.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting numonestunar:

Quoting AdellesMom:

No more PA? So, no more SSI & Dissability too? There are people that need PA. Do people really want kids to starve to death?

I would like to see where you got this from.  If it is true I know many disabled people who would be in trouble.

I'm sure its not.  She was asked to back it up way back and couldn't.

Thank you.  I was just looking to see if she ever did answer.

It's ok.  I have read all the replies, and she didn't reply...that I know of.  She could have edited a previous reply and I just haven't read it yet. 

But if she did reply and put a link in, I am sure someone else would have replied, and that hasn't happened either.  Anyhow.....yeah.

I really doubt they would do away with any of these programs.  Just because congress knows that the people depend on them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I googled it and found nothing.  I'll try again, but still....this would be on the bigger news stations if it were actually true.

Quoting numonestunar:

I heard it on the news.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting numonestunar:

Quoting AdellesMom:

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I did answer you. I'm at work, I'm on and off cm. So, if I don't get right back to yoi, I will.
Google it yourself. Research it. I'm at work and I don't have the time right now to do so.
Good Lord, most you seem so helpless and incapable of doing research on your own.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting numonestunar:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Social Security Disability Payments May Cease in 2017

By Douglas McIntyre

Posted 6:30AM 08/22/11 Posted under: Retirement
The Congressional Budget Office has come out with a new analysis that says the ability of the Social Security disability fund to make payments may end in 2017. The estimates depend, of course, to some extent on the economy. The CBO's 2011 Long-Term Projections for Social Security reports that "as more members of the baby-boom generation (that is, people born between 1946 and 1964) enter retirement, outlays will increase relative to the size of the economy, whereas tax revenues will remain at an almost constant share of the economy. As a result, the shortfall (in the Disability Insurance (DI)) fund will begin to grow around 2017. The fund that provides Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) may not be able to make payments after 2040.

Laid off workers are also putting financial pressure on disability insurance as well. Some Americans are allowed to make use of the benefits from both of the Social Security programs which worsens the financing problem further. The total number of people who receive some kind of payment from the Social Security funds totals 56 million now. The CBO points out that this year, "Social Security's outlays will total $733 billion, one-fifth of the federal budget; OASI payments will account for about 82 percent of those outlays, and DI "payments, about 18 percent."

The newly released data will challenge Congress and the administration to address the problem just as measures to bring austerity to the federal budget meant to bring down deficits and the national debt begin. So far, politicians have been reluctant to use a cut in Social Security benefits as a way to address high government costs, fearing the wrath of older voters. Some economists argue that Washington has no choice but to lower payments. Federal tax receipts will remain poor unless GDP picks up very sharply. But that is not likely based on most projections for economic growth and unemployment levels over the next three years. Stimulus spending to boost the economy is highly unlikely as Washington looks for ways to take expenses out of the federal system.

Many observers of Washington politics say that Congress and the administration will "kick the can down the road" and allow elected federal officials in office in five years to address the Social Security funding problem when it becomes acute. If the economy is not in a period of hyper-growth by then, the cuts to the programs may have to be radical.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:45 AM

lol I just posted a news article.  I guess you're having a bad day.  Sorry.  Hope it gets better and improves your mood :)

Quoting numonestunar:

I did answer you. I'm at work, I'm on and off cm. So, if I don't get right back to yoi, I will.
Google it yourself. Research it. I'm at work and I don't have the time right now to do so.
Good Lord, most you seem so helpless and incapable of doing research on your own.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting numonestunar:

Quoting AdellesMom:

mystearica
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Like me. I'm working the only job I've been able to acquire in over a year (when I was let go for being preggo), and after gas and taxes it's enough to *maybe* get diapers and wipes for the next two weeks until my next paycheck.

Quoting So_Devious20:

A good amount of people on PA actually DO work.

Quoting wkukid:

People would actually have to work for food.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Funny bc I just did. This was the first link.
http://www.disabled-world.com/disability/social-security/usa/depleted.php

http://m.uticaod.com/observerdis/pm_29402/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=T5J2xXDT

http://m.cbsnews.com/postwatch.rbml?pageType=video&cbsID=7406442
I guess cbs isn't a big enough news source for you???

Quoting celestegood:

I googled it and found nothing.  I'll try again, but still....this would be on the bigger news stations if it were actually true.

Quoting numonestunar:

I heard it on the news.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting numonestunar:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM

You know, in general, if you post something like that, you are supposed to give links.

However, I posted an article....would you please lay off of the bad attitude?  You may be in a bad mood, but we don't all want to be.

Quoting numonestunar:

Why do I have to provide the research? Google it yourself. I am repeating what I've heard on the news and then I researched it myself. Research it yourself...huh, what a concept.
When I'm off work, I'll gladly provide links if you're incapable of doing it yourself.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting numonestunar:

Quoting AdellesMom:

It's ok.  I have read all the replies, and she didn't reply...that I know of.  She could have edited a previous reply and I just haven't read it yet. 

But if she did reply and put a link in, I am sure someone else would have replied, and that hasn't happened either.  Anyhow.....yeah.

I really doubt they would do away with any of these programs.  Just because congress knows that the people depend on them.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Are you really kidding me???????????  I personally posted an article a minute ago.  Please lay off of the bitch flakes.  I am being nice here please leave me alone.

Quoting numonestunar:

Funny bc I just did. This was the first link.
http://www.disabled-world.com/disability/social-security/usa/depleted.php

http://m.uticaod.com/observerdis/pm_29402/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=T5J2xXDT

http://m.cbsnews.com/postwatch.rbml?pageType=video&cbsID=7406442
I guess cbs isn't a big enough news source for you???

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting numonestunar:

I heard it on the news.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Quoting numonestunar:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN