Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To breast feed or not to breast feed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
DH and I are TTC. I've been seriously thinking about breast feeding this time. With my ds I was 19 and was 100% mind made up that I was going with formula because I thought bfing was 'gross'. I guess you can say I've done some growing up and 7 years later I'm seriously thinking of breast feeding. Just thought I would put that out there.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Go for it.

Pick up "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tomaro. Funny & informative.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Good luck with whatever decision you make
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Go for it!!! I didnt breastfeed my first, but chose to get over my issues with it the second time around. It's the most rewarding experience I've ever had! At least give it a try :)

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Good luck with whatever decision you make
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I doesn't hurt to try, no judgement from me on what ever you do. I bf'd all 4 of my children but my first two only for a few months. My second two it felt like forever but I loved it. My first two are actually healthier than the younger ones so I know formula is fine. My only issue with ff'ers is the idiots who prop bottles babies need the closeness of being nursed even if using a bottle.  Good luck either way.

mommajen32
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I recommend it. I also would suggest joining the breastfeeding moms groups and meeting the lactation consultant at your hospital to build a relationship just incase you have questions/need support as you go. 

SaraSnider
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I breast fed my dd for the first 4 months now im pregnant again and dd will only be 18months. I havent set in stone yet because dd couldnt latch with out a shield so it was a challenge with her and idk if i can do that with a new baby and take care of her. So if baby latches baby gets breast if not it gets formula lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM
My 11 month wont hold her bottle yet lol i love the bonding so its not a big deal! I think the first 4 months of breast made her this way haha

Quoting locaporbebe:

I doesn't hurt to try, no judgement from me on what ever you do. I bf'd all 4 of my children but my first two only for a few months. My second two it felt like forever but I loved it. My first two are actually healthier than the younger ones so I know formula is fine. My only issue with ff'ers is the idiots who prop bottles babies need the closeness of being nursed even if using a bottle.  Good luck either way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 12:36 AM
I was 22 when I had my first, and honestly, this sounds weird but I didn't think at ALL about what food choice I was going to make with the baby till he was in my arms and the nurse was asking me to try feeding him. I was completely unprepared for that, and though I tried I never was successful BFing him. We stopped entirely by five months. I've always regretted that. With my second, I was determined to make it work and even though he was preemie and in the nicu for a week, I made it work and he's now 15 months and still going strong at the breast. It really takes making the conscious choice and commitment, I think. If you want it, go for it. And join the BFing group here on CM, they helped me through some really rough patches.
Good luck!
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, what would be your reasons for NOT breastfeeding? Is there any concerns as to what you need or would need to do and such? There's a breastfeeding moms group on here so if you are seriously thinking about it then go in there...They can be a little off setting sometimes but they do have really great information and have helped me out soooo so much! I can answer a lot since I have been researching it for a couple years now, but they will have just about every answer possible!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)