Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To breast feed or not to breast feed?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH and I are TTC. I've been seriously thinking about breast feeding this time. With my ds I was 19 and was 100% mind made up that I was going with formula because I thought bfing was 'gross'. I guess you can say I've done some growing up and 7 years later I'm seriously thinking of breast feeding. Just thought I would put that out there.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Replies (31-34):
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I swear you just described my best friend's sister in law. She is just like that. Her kids spend more time with grandma than mom because she doesn't want to take care of them. So sad, I am glad moms like that are the minority not the majority.

Quoting SaraSnider:

She is one of them she has 2 jobs because "they drive her nuts" lol i picked up her 2nd son when he was 6weeks ( i was pregnant with my first and never around small babies) and she said " you dont HAVE to hold him" i sad "i know i want to tho" .. her oldest will scream and cry for an hour when she gets him from her mother  because she doesnt pay attention to him

Quoting locaporbebe:

Your former friend sounds like a winner. Some people should just not have children.

Quoting SaraSnider:

ya its crazy my friend also propped and had her baby in the swing ALL day( we are now not friends due to her calling my unborn a Ni**er) i just feel bad for her 3kids and 2 step.. 

Quoting locaporbebe:

I never understood moms who don't hold their babies when feeding them. Even my 2 that were bottle fed I held them because I loved the way it felt. My niece put her 3 day old baby in the cradle with a propped bottle, it was not a one time thing it was an all the time thing and it made me crazy. I don't care how your baby is fed just hold him/her. I miss having a baby to hold :)

Quoting SaraSnider:

My 11 month wont hold her bottle yet lol i love the bonding so its not a big deal! I think the first 4 months of breast made her this way haha

Quoting locaporbebe:

I doesn't hurt to try, no judgement from me on what ever you do. I bf'd all 4 of my children but my first two only for a few months. My second two it felt like forever but I loved it. My first two are actually healthier than the younger ones so I know formula is fine. My only issue with ff'ers is the idiots who prop bottles babies need the closeness of being nursed even if using a bottle.  Good luck either way.

Monamou
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM
I bf my first for a year. My second for a few months but dh got layed off and i had to work. Im currently bf my 3rd. Love is all equal. Holding that newborn as they contently eat and smile. It always envokes love boob or bottle. IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Monamou:

Bf is so rewarding. But i cant imagine ff dont bond the same. If it makes you uncomfortable dont ruin that new baby experience w guilt or worry.

They say that if you bf then you have a stronger bond. Is it wrong of me to have a fear of bonding more with the next child than I did with my previous? Even though I can't imagine, I don't want to be like that. KWIM?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Don't feel too guilty about it! As long as he is doing good and you are taking good care of him then you have done your part as a mother. It took me awhile but I have come to be okay with my decision to ff my first after 2 weeks. You can do it with the breastfeeding so long as you set your mind to it. I really don't enjoy breastfeeding at all but I set my mind up to breastfeed my second until he's at least old enough to take cow's milk...And I am almost there! I really didn't think I could do it but I have!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Well, what would be your reasons for NOT breastfeeding? Is there any concerns as to what you need or would need to do and such? There's a breastfeeding moms group on here so if you are seriously thinking about it then go in there...They can be a little off setting sometimes but they do have really great information and have helped me out soooo so much! I can answer a lot since I have been researching it for a couple years now, but they will have just about every answer possible!

There's no reason for not breast feeding as far as I'm concerned. It's just that I've grown and busted out of my comfort zone and decided to try to put my insecurities on the back burner for the better health if my baby. A little part of me has always regretted ff ds(6).

julie515
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:33 AM
I know I have made some different choices with my second. You can learn a lot in 5 years or in your case 7.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured