Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just covered my couches in canola oil today unknowingly.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I got out the Febreze to freshen up my couch and love seat. I sprayed it ALL over, really focusing on this one cushion I thought smelled not so fresh. I left it there and went on about my business. My DH and I went to sit down later and the couch still looked wet so I touched it. It felt weird and kind of sticky. I then turn on the main light and look at it closer. I go over and start feeling on it and it's oily. I went and grabbed the Febreze bottle and it was filled with CANOLA OIL! Not Febreze. Talk about PISSED! My DH had decided to put oil in a fracking FEBREZE bottle of all things then not bother to peel the sticker off and write a label on it with a Sharpie so I would know it's oil! Fail, fail, fail!!! Lol. I am only laughing now because it came out. Otherwise I would have got a nail gun out and stapled his ass to a tree if it hadn't. 

What's something your DH has done that was just really stupid?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Replies (31-35):
OnTheCrazyTrain
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM
tell ur dh wd40 is cheaper:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I didn't smell it. Canola oil has a very vague smell. I can barely smell it. The bottle smelled like febreze still. 

Quoting OnTheCrazyTrain:

yea ok. Dont make sense but w.e btw there is a distinct diff in canola oil smell and febreeze how can you not tell the diff???

Quoting Anonymous:

He wasn't using it for food. He was spraying the squeaky cabinets and main doors.

Quoting OnTheCrazyTrain:

why the fuk would u put a 'food' in a bottle thats had a chemical in it to begin with?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom-x-2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM
My ex used to pledge our linoleum floors. Until I was pregnant, skated across the kitchen, slammed into a wall and almost fell on my face. I ripped him a new asshole and I don't think he ever cleaned again:/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Sounds like a slippery night tonight. LOL

My husband has done so really stupid things over the years. I can't pinpoint just one.
mrs.jessefuller
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Something dumb dh has done....I don't think we have that much time lol just kidding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I threw the cushion casings in the washing machine and washed them in hot water, then he took a rag and hot water and washed down the rest of the couch. 

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

LOL, but what did you wash the cushions or couch with to get the oil out?  I don't have a stupid story to share at the moment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)