Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should i move out of my moms?

Some info: im 17, my dd lexi is 11 months, and maddie is due in june. I live w my mom. I have 3 pt jobs and im finishing hs online. I dont get pa and dont want it and i dont get child support.

So livin w my mom i pay like $1000 a month. Thats like insurance, cell, internet, tv plus i pay half the rent and utilities and like 3/4 the groceries oh and i pay for all my and the girls stuff. After all that i put $200 away a mo for emergincys and $200 a mo save for my own place.

Well i found a trailer and its like rent to own for $500 plus $100 lot rent, the guy said like $100/mo for utilities. So thats all together like $300 more a month then i pay at my moms. But all the applyansis are new and there so i dont have to buy em. All i need is like a table and stuff for the living room. I know i can aford it but like is that a good price you think? I kinda wanna get my own place before maddie is born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Talk to your mom about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princessgurl695
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Well i save $200 a mo for stuff like that and will still do that if i move. I have ins so if the girls get sick i have to just pay the copay. But yeah i see now you mean cuz of the job. Thats a good point.

Quoting comf:

What if your car breaks down? What if appliances go out? What if your kid get sick and you have to quit a job? There are so many things that could happen and you would be fucked.

Quoting princessgurl695:

I dont wana be a burden to het. I think she likes us bein there but i feel like maybe i should like be all the way on my own cuz i feel bad.and the girls will both share a room with me at my moms but the trailer has three rooms. And im gonna go to colege but i still have a yr of hs left first.

Quoting comf:

No. No. No. If your mother is not abusing you or your daughters you need to stay there. Go to college.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Took my a while to figure out a couple of your words, the way you spelled appliances was a doozy.

I think you have it good at your mom's. Why are you thinking of leaving? Is she terrible towards you or your child? What if you move out before the new baby is born, and then realize you can't afford everything for her after she's here?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdic
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:05 AM

birth control and more school please.  

princessgurl695
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Thanks for your help. Things are alot cheaper here i guess.

Quoting Christygrl:

It might be a good idea to wait until after she's born, that way you have time and support right there to get back on your feet. If I hadn't had my bf I wouldn't have moved from my mom's. Even though it's what you'd like to do just keep in mind what you have to do now for your daughter on top of what you know it was like right after she was born. If your mom is ok with you staying and helpful it might be a positive for you to wait.
As for your question I think that's a great price! Of course you probably don't live anywhere near me. In south Washington it's like $1300 for rent, utilities, tv, and such. That doesn't include food or insurance either. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM

It's not about bad or good. It's about making a SMART move.  The smartest thing for you to do is stay there, continue to save, finish HS and college and then move on. It may not be ideal but at this point you need to sacrifice in order to get where you want to be.

Quoting princessgurl695:

You dont think it maks me a bad mom? Cuz some ppl i guess think im not a good mom or somthing cuz i live with my mom.

Quoting moosesmom:

stay there!!!!

Quoting princessgurl695:

I dont wana be a burden to het. I think she likes us bein there but i feel like maybe i should like be all the way on my own cuz i feel bad.and the girls will both share a room with me at my moms but the trailer has three rooms. And im gonna go to colege but i still have a yr of hs left first.

Quoting comf:

No. No. No. If your mother is not abusing you or your daughters you need to stay there. Go to college.

marinenonstop
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM
You are not ready to move out. stay there and finish school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Yes
LovelyBugs
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM
This and $300 a month more may not seem lik a lot but it is...you should stay where its stable and until after your child is born its going to take a toll on you and your going to need the help

Quoting Anonymous:

There's no reason to be sorry, You're just showing every woman here that you aren't mature enough for this step, (not just your use of the word "like") If mom will let you stay for a while, then do it. There's no rush, take care of being absolutely stable, (eduction, work) befor you venture out.

Quoting princessgurl695:

Sorry?

Quoting Anonymous:

You like just used "like", like 8 times...like seriously?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princessgurl695
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:08 AM
No. I told him he can be a dad but i dont wanna date right now. I need to take care of my girls before i have a bf.

Quoting Anonymous:

this, what happened to dead beat dad that you were just asking us about

did he accidently cheat on you?

Quoting Anonymous:

She, like, posted bs, like the other day too...like trolling or like just plain dumb.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN