Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

gestational diabetes and going on pills...

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM
  • 30 Replies

I have gestational diabetes. I showed my log today and  the Diabetic nutritionist told me she will be speaking with my ob about pills. This sucks. I have been doing better really. I do have high numbers but I have also had numbers as low as 116! I don't pig out on carbs. I don't eat sweets. I guess this kind of thing just happens.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blueeyedbabi
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Sorry mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Quoting blueeyedbabi:

Sorry mama

Thank you. It sucks! I won't lie. I am afraid of needing shots.

GomezMami2908
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Welcome to the club sweetie, it sucks! I know we've both been battling with this.

I'm confused and frustrated too. Honestly, I haven't taken my pills in two days because I cannot function with them, the side effects are too much. I decided to go on maternity leave early because of all this *sighs*

Good luck to us both.

USCmomax4
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:23 AM

hugs moma...I had gestational diabetes with my first son, and then it never went away, I'm diabetic now..

blueeyedbabi
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope you BOTH get better prayers to u girlys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondsetter
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:24 AM
That stinks :( I needed shots, but it wasn't NEARLY as bad as I thought, and don't forget...it's best for baby AND it's only temporary :) good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Welcome to the club sweetie, it sucks! I know we've both been battling with this.

I'm confused and frustrated too. Honestly, I haven't taken my pills in two days because I cannot function with them, the side effects are too much. I decided to go on maternity leave early because of all this *sighs*

Good luck to us both.

Thank you hun.

It does suck. What I hate is how I am told not to reduce my carbs(by their standard that is). I am told I need them and yet carbs are my enemy. It sucks!

I am afraid of those pills . The dietician was trying to assure me that the pills will be fine and I won't get lows. I am so anxious. I want this to all be over with and just have my baby in my arms. I thought I was doing good enough. I guess not:(

That sucks. You have been dealing with this longer and I bet you really are fed up. *HUGS* . iT REALLY is effecting your life! I am so sorry. It will be over and you will have a baby in your arms.

As for me, I may be done after this one.

Good luck and hugs

champagne_rose
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Quoting USCmomax4:

hugs moma...I had gestational diabetes with my first son, and then it never went away, I'm diabetic now..

(((hugs))) I am so sorry. How long did it take for you to be diabetic?

champagne_rose
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting diamondsetter:

That stinks :( I needed shots, but it wasn't NEARLY as bad as I thought, and don't forget...it's best for baby AND it's only temporary :) good luck!

That is the only thing that makes all of that worth it, my baby.

Cutiebear_Annie
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Did you have to go through that oh so wonderful 3 hr GTTest? I had to do that when I was pregnant and it was awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)