Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are poor... *with edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What are you doing with an expensive smart phone/Droid phone bill?

**I asked about the phone BILL, not the actual phone...Just pointing this out.

I'm not replying to anymore responses- only "liking" them.  It's getting repetitive and everyone is going to think what they want, regardless of how I answer.  So, continue to agree/disagree.  Life goes on.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Replies (341-350):
JJSMOMMYxox
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm poor and don't have a fancy Droid, iPhone. I have a "crappy" non flip phone, I love it. It calls and texts and thats all I do.

I wonder the same thing though. I personally used to have one and then one day I was like "I don't need to pay blah blah blah amount this is ridiculous." it was getting to expensive to the point where my hubs was having trouble making the cell payments so I switched to my "crappy" can't do anything fancy phone. :D

People make excuses to why they need those darn things when they can't afford it.

I rather put that $90.oo were saving a month towards food, diapers, other more important bills like electric then through a stupid phone that I can play games on and internet 24/7.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

and I stand by mine.... it's far more than 1% of the tax budget, far, far more.  If would agree the states add to the huge contribution the federal government contributes to welfare programs.  But, how you discount medicaid and CHIP is beyond me.  Those are, at least for most, welfare/low income based programs.

even by your own "site" medicaid alone is 13%. Medicaid, is also assistance.... granted a limited amount of people qualify for medicaid under other reasons, for most, it's income that deems them eligible.

let's look at this website, the actual federal budget pie chart...

http://www.usfederalbudget.us/federal_budget_pie

this paints a much, much different picture, 12% in "welfare" and 22% in healthcare, much of which is medicaid, CHIP (both forms of welfare) and medicare.... resulting in 34% of the budget... in addition to other various programs, such as "free/reduced lunch programs" and "headstart" which are included in the education budget.... this is a huge hit on my tax dollar. Not to mention that nearly 50% pay NO income tax whatsoever (and almost EVERYONE should) and the money could be better spent. It could provide the masses with better educational opportunities, so college grads weren't bogged down with so much debt, better programs in our schools, healthcare for the masses, better transportation systems, energy independence (so gas isn't almost $4.00/gallon).

lastly, it doesn't matter how much or how little of government money is used. People, all people, should provide the basics, food, shelter, etc BEFORE they provide any extras. NO you (and i mean general welfare receiving you) don't need your smart phone, NO you don't need cable, NO you don't need a membership at netflix, NO you don't deserve a vacation. you can't afford those things.... working families who ACTUALLY PAY their way, make choices like these EVERY SINGLE DAY. their families do without.... because they need to buy food, shelter etc.... so fuck that shit, you don't deserve them... you (again general welfare you) should live like you ARE.. fucking poverty stricken poor person, loser who can't provide the basics.. and NO you don't deserve anything you can't afford.... so YES, get your food stamps and other welfare, go to the library for internet, take the bus to your appointments, take a cab, drive your 10 year old beater.... you don't earn enough for a better life... start making changes to your life, STOP MAKING EXCUSES!

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit! I have checked my sources thankyouverymuch. 

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=2783

ETA: and it's only the state taxes that cover FS. 

Now, federal taxes cover 21% http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1258

but my statement that I have been saying in all of my replies still stands. 

Quoting Anonymous:

bullshit on the 1%.  that doesn't include all pa.... check your sources!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL! You don't know anyones situation as to why they have what they do while on food stamps unless they offer that information to you. 

Only 1% of taxes go to PA (which includes food stamps) so it's not like it's that much anyways. BAM!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM

You obviously didn't read my reply where I included the link regarding federal taxes and what it covers. I honestly don't care though. That is the difference between you and I. I don't judge those that are on assistance because I don't know their situation. 

Your outlook and how you talk about other people who are on assistance is truly pathetic at its finest. I hope that one day  you find yourself in that type of situation and then maybe, just maybe, you won't be so judgemental and have at least a little understanding. And, yes, some people do abuse the system, but not everyone!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

and I stand by mine.... it's far more than 1% of the tax budget, far, far more.  If would agree the states add to the huge contribution the federal government contributes to welfare programs.  But, how you discount medicaid and CHIP is beyond me.  Those are, at least for most, welfare/low income based programs.

even by your own "site" medicaid alone is 13%. Medicaid, is also assistance.... granted a limited amount of people qualify for medicaid under other reasons, for most, it's income that deems them eligible.

let's look at this website, the actual federal budget pie chart...

http://www.usfederalbudget.us/federal_budget_pie

this paints a much, much different picture, 12% in "welfare" and 22% in healthcare, much of which is medicaid, CHIP (both forms of welfare) and medicare.... resulting in 34% of the budget... in addition to other various programs, such as "free/reduced lunch programs" and "headstart" which are included in the education budget.... this is a huge hit on my tax dollar. Not to mention that nearly 50% pay NO income tax whatsoever (and almost EVERYONE should) and the money could be better spent. It could provide the masses with better educational opportunities, so college grads weren't bogged down with so much debt, better programs in our schools, healthcare for the masses, better transportation systems, energy independence (so gas isn't almost $4.00/gallon).

lastly, it doesn't matter how much or how little of government money is used. People, all people, should provide the basics, food, shelter, etc BEFORE they provide any extras. NO you (and i mean general welfare receiving you) don't need your smart phone, NO you don't need cable, NO you don't need a membership at netflix, NO you don't deserve a vacation. you can't afford those things.... working families who ACTUALLY PAY their way, make choices like these EVERY SINGLE DAY. their families do without.... because they need to buy food, shelter etc.... so fuck that shit, you don't deserve them... you (again general welfare you) should live like you ARE.. fucking poverty stricken poor person, loser who can't provide the basics.. and NO you don't deserve anything you can't afford.... so YES, get your food stamps and other welfare, go to the library for internet, take the bus to your appointments, take a cab, drive your 10 year old beater.... you don't earn enough for a better life... start making changes to your life, STOP MAKING EXCUSES!

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit! I have checked my sources thankyouverymuch. 

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=2783

ETA: and it's only the state taxes that cover FS. 

Now, federal taxes cover 21% http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1258

but my statement that I have been saying in all of my replies still stands. 

Quoting Anonymous:

bullshit on the 1%.  that doesn't include all pa.... check your sources!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL! You don't know anyones situation as to why they have what they do while on food stamps unless they offer that information to you. 

Only 1% of taxes go to PA (which includes food stamps) so it's not like it's that much anyways. BAM!

cbrizzee
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm only temp poor. I work for a cell company and pay less than 20 dollars for each phone on my plan. I won't be poor as soon as I pop this kid out and get back to work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM

you do realize that boost mobile has some fancy phones out now like touch screens and what not but you still only pay the 50$ a month

comf
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM
And you're sexist!? This is hilarious. I love poor people.

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

Why are you talking to me about me telling her to mind her business ? Now get her balls out of your mouth '& mind your business !

Quoting comf:

Why come into someone else's business, and tell them to mind their business?

she is asking randomly and, she is not confronting anyone either so she is minding the business of people who want to engage in *her* post, so therefore minding her own business.

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

Hater alert ! Lol ! Mind your business !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KitT.Kat
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I wonder this all the damn time. Every single one of my friends and family members who constantly bitch about money have the latest phones with all the extra service crap added to it. Not one of them needs any of those services for their job. It's so stupid.

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

we are not poor but my hubby has an andriod.. i dont, i have a regular phone... our phonebill is 80bucks flat. we use metro and love it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

We're poor. Can't pay our bills, can't feed our own family. Our water is shut off so we can't bathe. But, I have my designer coach bag, sunglasses, designer clothing. I just got my hair and nails did and I have the newest iPhone out there. 

ProudMommy_1034
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Lol bitch i am NOT poor ! Me '& my man make money out the ass . I just came here to say Hater Alert ! Lol .

Quoting comf:

And you're sexist!? This is hilarious. I love poor people.

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

Why are you talking to me about me telling her to mind her business ? Now get her balls out of your mouth '& mind your business !

Quoting comf:

Why come into someone else's business, and tell them to mind their business?

she is asking randomly and, she is not confronting anyone either so she is minding the business of people who want to engage in *her* post, so therefore minding her own business.

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

Hater alert ! Lol ! Mind your business !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured