Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are poor... *with edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What are you doing with an expensive smart phone/Droid phone bill?

**I asked about the phone BILL, not the actual phone...Just pointing this out.

I'm not replying to anymore responses- only "liking" them.  It's getting repetitive and everyone is going to think what they want, regardless of how I answer.  So, continue to agree/disagree.  Life goes on.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 2:56 AM
3 moms liked this

I am asking.  Isn't that what my posts says?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you are a nosey person and don't know their story. Next time, since you are so nosey, why not just askt hem since it appears to bother you so much! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, just wondering.  Hate standing in line at the grocery store, watching someone text/talk on an expensive smart phone and then paying for groceries with a Bridge Card (food stamps).  

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone could have given it to them. They could have gotten it before things went to shit. Maybe they need it for their job and their job pays for it and they don't know how to budget their money so they are always broke. 

What concern is it of yours? Does it affect your life? Is your life so sad that you honestly just really care? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 1, 2012 at 2:57 AM
4 phones but two are basic phones at just ten dollars a month. The other two are the nice phones.

Quoting TygerLily62:

Jesus. How many phones are on your plan?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no idea how the poor can afford nice phones. Im not talking the knock off boost phones. But legit good companies. We pay 268 dollars a month ouch.
littleacorn
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Don't have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Wrong.  I was just wondering- if you can afford $120 (the basic smart phone plan I know of for Verizon) for a phone bill, how can you NOT afford groceries?  That is all.

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

Hater alert ! Lol ! Mind your business !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 2:58 AM
There's also something called.... NOT GETTING IN A CAR WRECK..... like I said dh job all he does is drive and take peoples blood... he can't really keep looking down at a map .... also I'm not good at reading maps... I'm more of a person who follows better rather than looking.... I'm not even good when people try to explain to get to a place. So a gps is actually safer for me... so thanks we are good without the maps. And like I said. Yes we are considered poor but we do have extra money each month. But if it came to not having that extra money then we would get rid of the smart phones....

But let me ask a question.. why are you so judgemental and why do you care what other people may have or not have? Your not paying for their bills.

Quoting Anonymous:

There are these things...made from paper, colorful with legends and stuff on them...people used to use them all the time before GPS came out and Internet and all that...

Oh yeah, MAPS!

Good for you for going without cable.  

Quoting Anonymous:

For most part is because dh and I need the gps on the phones. With his work he drives all day to places he's not from.. with me my sons and my dr apps. Are usually not around us... other than that we use them for personal reasonings but we however have the phones but we go without cable.. so we are considered "poor" but we still always have money left over each month after all bills are payed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Sure does, however, we are not that person and don't know their story. So next time someone in line irks you that much that you feel the need to ask people on CM why not just go to the source that is irking you so badly and ask them? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am asking.  Isn't that what my posts says?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you are a nosey person and don't know their story. Next time, since you are so nosey, why not just askt hem since it appears to bother you so much! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, just wondering.  Hate standing in line at the grocery store, watching someone text/talk on an expensive smart phone and then paying for groceries with a Bridge Card (food stamps).  

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone could have given it to them. They could have gotten it before things went to shit. Maybe they need it for their job and their job pays for it and they don't know how to budget their money so they are always broke. 

What concern is it of yours? Does it affect your life? Is your life so sad that you honestly just really care? 

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:58 AM
When I was "poor" I had a shitty boost mobile phone... Go figure the bill was only $10 less than my iPhone is... Granted my boost phone cost me $50 and my iPhone cost $400 but I get service everywhere which made it a lot easier to get a job... Who knew employers like a person who answers their phone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondsetter
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:59 AM
No, you were preparing yourself for battle with "poor" people who talk on a smartphone in the grocery store line while they pay with fs. And FYI, our smartphone plan is cheaper than having internet (which is needed for DD's teacher/parent correspondance) run through our home. Everyone has different needs.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't say I was paying your bills.

I wasn't even complaining.  I was asking a question.  

Quoting diamondsetter:

Darn, I missed the memo telling me that you, Anonymous, were paying my bills :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:59 AM

I'm considered poor, but we work hard for every LITTLE bit we have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Damn! You were so interested in their business that you got close enough to see who they were with? SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong.  I was just wondering- if you can afford $120 (the basic smart phone plan I know of for Verizon) for a phone bill, how can you NOT afford groceries?  That is all.

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

Hater alert ! Lol ! Mind your business !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN