Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are poor... *with edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What are you doing with an expensive smart phone/Droid phone bill?

**I asked about the phone BILL, not the actual phone...Just pointing this out.

I'm not replying to anymore responses- only "liking" them.  It's getting repetitive and everyone is going to think what they want, regardless of how I answer.  So, continue to agree/disagree.  Life goes on.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Replies (331-340):
mrs.jessefuller
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM
If u have a lot of doc appointments the mins they give u don't come close to covering what u need. I was on pa when dh was job hunting after being laid off. We only got like 60 mins a month.

Quoting Aspirel:

You know you can get a free basic cell phone through SafeLink(and another company I cant recall at the moment-assurance?) if you are on food stamps or any type of PA.I'd rather see you get that then pay 60 bucks for a stupid phone and have to struggle to feed your kids with food stamps.

I think I am just anti smart phone in general,even though I go to school and make apps for them.:/ (Yes,I know I am a hypocrite-I am okay with that though..) They seem to make everyone so anti-social on the real world side of the screen and no one pays attention to real life anymore.I literally almost have to knock the thing out of people's hands to get their attention sometimes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh I think your judgement is flawed. I'm on food stamps at have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Att. I pay my mom $60 for my portion of the bill every month. I got the super sweet phone for Christmas!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong.  I was just wondering- if you can afford $120 (the basic smart phone plan I know of for Verizon) for a phone bill, how can you NOT afford groceries?  That is all.

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

Hater alert ! Lol ! Mind your business !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby8901
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Lol anytime!! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for your reasonably and INTELLIGENT reply lol.  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, we have to have phones and our bill is the same as it would be if it was regular phones. :)

And, we cut out a lot of expenses just to have them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indyb
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

It's really none of your bussiness!

vkelly2011
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Its part of my dads family plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

bullshit on the 1%.  that doesn't include all pa.... check your sources!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL! You don't know anyones situation as to why they have what they do while on food stamps unless they offer that information to you. 

Only 1% of taxes go to PA (which includes food stamps) so it's not like it's that much anyways. BAM!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would say this same person keeps firing back because they are on food stamps and feel guilty about their fancy ass phone. I will just get right to it. Why should you have a fancy phone and be able to take advantage of the government - doesnt seem right. I have a full time job - always have and it pisses me off to see my tax dollars going toward people on food stamps who get their nails and hair done, have designer clothes and shoes and a fancy phone. BAM!

Quoting Anonymous:

So you are a nosey person and don't know their story. Next time, since you are so nosey, why not just askt hem since it appears to bother you so much! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, just wondering.  Hate standing in line at the grocery store, watching someone text/talk on an expensive smart phone and then paying for groceries with a Bridge Card (food stamps).  

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone could have given it to them. They could have gotten it before things went to shit. Maybe they need it for their job and their job pays for it and they don't know how to budget their money so they are always broke. 

What concern is it of yours? Does it affect your life? Is your life so sad that you honestly just really care? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM

HUH - you must be on it otherwise you would not be replying. It doesn't matter why someone is on it - the plain truth is that if you go crying to the govt for help, you sure as hell don't need the extras. You are a troll for even defending it - even if you are not the one on it. This is my last reply.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL! You don't know anyones situation as to why they have what they do while on food stamps unless they offer that information to you. 

Only 1% of taxes go to PA (which includes food stamps) so it's not like it's that much anyways. BAM!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would say this same person keeps firing back because they are on food stamps and feel guilty about their fancy ass phone. I will just get right to it. Why should you have a fancy phone and be able to take advantage of the government - doesnt seem right. I have a full time job - always have and it pisses me off to see my tax dollars going toward people on food stamps who get their nails and hair done, have designer clothes and shoes and a fancy phone. BAM!

Quoting Anonymous:

So you are a nosey person and don't know their story. Next time, since you are so nosey, why not just askt hem since it appears to bother you so much! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, just wondering.  Hate standing in line at the grocery store, watching someone text/talk on an expensive smart phone and then paying for groceries with a Bridge Card (food stamps).  

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone could have given it to them. They could have gotten it before things went to shit. Maybe they need it for their job and their job pays for it and they don't know how to budget their money so they are always broke. 

What concern is it of yours? Does it affect your life? Is your life so sad that you honestly just really care? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Bullshit! I have checked my sources thankyouverymuch. 

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=2783

ETA: and it's only the state taxes that cover FS. 

Now, federal taxes cover 21% http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1258

but my statement that I have been saying in all of my replies still stands. 

Quoting Anonymous:

bullshit on the 1%.  that doesn't include all pa.... check your sources!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM

LMAO! I am far from a troll lady! 

No, actually I am NOT on any kind of assistance. 

I choose to reply because I am not a judgemental little bitch such as yourself and the OP when it does come to people who are on it and the things they do or don't have. 

Quoting Anonymous:

HUH - you must be on it otherwise you would not be replying. It doesn't matter why someone is on it - the plain truth is that if you go crying to the govt for help, you sure as hell don't need the extras. You are a troll for even defending it - even if you are not the one on it. This is my last reply.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on May. 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Eh. it's really hard to not have a smart phone now a days.

I see soldiers with nice cars and nice phone come in paying me with nickels and dimes for a pack of cigs all the time.

It's about who better at managing money and prioritizing what's more important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I don't have a cellphone :)

My husband has a cheap $15 Virgin Mobile phone. It gets the job done, there's no need for internet and texting and all the extra shit that goes along with phones. We have internet here at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured