Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since there is a lot of talk about abusing food stamps...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

What is food stamp abuse, in your opinion?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Using them if you're not starving. Using them instead of being resourceful (coupons, etc.). Not working (no, being a student doesnt exempt you).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 1, 2012 at 3:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Selling them for money, getting them when you don't need them. Scamming the system to get them, having children for more of them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 3:51 AM
12 moms liked this
Buying food with your ebt card then beating the shit out of ALL the food u just bought?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Living off it for many years instead of getting a job &/or popping out kids one after the other to keep benefits knowing you can't afford another kid to begin with.
couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:53 AM
2 moms liked this

abuse is lying to your case worker about income, people in the household etc. it is also selling your food stamps for whatever cash, booze, drugs. otherwise i do not think anything else is abuse

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Buying food with your ebt card then beating the shit out of ALL the food u just bought?

Lmao!!!!

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:58 AM

How bout a student and pregnant with twins? Is that a good enough reason? I am too much of a liability for anybody to even consider hiring me. SO works and that is good enough for the welfare office. I also use coupons with my food stamps to make them stretch farther.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Using them if you're not starving. Using them instead of being resourceful (coupons, etc.). Not working (no, being a student doesnt exempt you).

couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting wkukid:

Selling them for money, getting them when you don't need them. Scamming the system to get them, having children for more of them.

ok seriously, who has ever actually heard of someone for real doing this stupidity. a baby costs far more than what benefits you might get with the slight increase of another child. and many states do not even increase anything if you have another child while ON benefits now. this is just insane that anyone believes that there has ever been a single person out there who had a baby just to get more foodstamps? sterdotyping much

Please do not friend request me. I am not accepting any friend invites. sorry. 

im sorry

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Good God. Maybe we should hand out free birth control.

Quoting Salsacookies:

How bout a student and pregnant with twins? Is that a good enough reason? I am too much of a liability for anybody to even consider hiring me. SO works and that is good enough for the welfare office. I also use coupons with my food stamps to make them stretch farther.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 4:00 AM

You do what I did, and lie to the case worker and tell them you are seperated from your spouse, and when they ask for their information to collect child support you use the fear exemption. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured