Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When is the last time you pooped? TMI...You've been warned. Update.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

For me it was last Tuesday. That is the last time I pooped by myself. I had a c-section on Wednesday and since then I haven't been able to poop. It's so bad that today I've been wearing gloves and literally digging poop out of my butt. I've taken stool softeners at least twice a day and had milk of magnesia two days ago. It was so bad this morning that I couldn't sit down without feeling the poop. I have hemorrhoids now and can feel them when I'm digging the poop out. Sorry I've been so graphic but I can't really talk to anyone about this and it sucks. My doctor told me to do an enema but I seriously don't know how that's going to help when the poop is right there and it won't be able to get in. I'm going to try to do it tomorrow after I've gotten some more poop out. it really hurts too. :(

I tried an enema and was only able to get a part of it in because the salt burned my anal fissure. But that helped. I've had two (very small) BMs where I didn't have to do anything to get it to work. It's not fixed now but it is better. Thanks for all of the advice and funny stories. :)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeganECox
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:57 AM
That sucks! I had 2cs with my kids & I know how it feels not to be able to poop because it hurts to push it out! I didn't go as far as having to manipulate it out, but if it makes you feel better, do what you gotta do!

As for the last time I pooped, it was today, at work! Lol but before that it was like 4 days prior. I only poop 1-2 times a week. (gallbladder removal at 17, haven't been right since)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TygerLily62
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:00 AM
Ouch! I hope you feel better! It always helped my to hug a pillow there after my c sections, but idk about the hemmoriods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 4:01 AM

It hurts but yes, it does make me feel better after I'm done. It wasn't this bad with my other c-sections. This is my third. My first I pooped before I left the hospital, my second I pooped probably the day I got home. I'm backed up pretty bad right now. :(

Quoting MeganECox:

That sucks! I had 2cs with my kids & I know how it feels not to be able to poop because it hurts to push it out! I didn't go as far as having to manipulate it out, but if it makes you feel better, do what you gotta do!

As for the last time I pooped, it was today, at work! Lol but before that it was like 4 days prior. I only poop 1-2 times a week. (gallbladder removal at 17, haven't been right since)

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 1, 2012 at 4:03 AM

never had a c-sec, but my last vag delivery was a 9lb10.5oz handsome little man.. I didn't poop for a week, and even then it didn't feel right. never had to dig it out though. Hemorroids suck, I've had them so I feel for ya (I'm wincing as I right this).

but my son has constipation and one of the things that was recommended to us was to use vasiline and "rim" his butt hole to encourage the bowel to empty itself. don't really know if it works, but it is supposed to help prevent him from getting internal hemmoriods

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Thank you. I think I've had hemorrhoids before but they've never been a problem. I think that they're on the inside but when I'm pushing they come out. They make it sore down there.

Quoting TygerLily62:

Ouch! I hope you feel better! It always helped my to hug a pillow there after my c sections, but idk about the hemmoriods.

MeganECox
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:04 AM
I didn't poop after either of mine, I lied & told the drs I did so I could leave. I don't think I had a satisfactory poop till a few days after I got home from the hospital with either cs.

Quoting Anonymous:

It hurts but yes, it does make me feel better after I'm done. It wasn't this bad with my other c-sections. This is my third. My first I pooped before I left the hospital, my second I pooped probably the day I got home. I'm backed up pretty bad right now. :(

Quoting MeganECox:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Interesting. I might have to use that. I don't think rimming it will encourage a BM because the stool is so hard it's just not coming out. It's worth a shot though. 

Quoting bustybee:

never had a c-sec, but my last vag delivery was a 9lb10.5oz handsome little man.. I didn't poop for a week, and even then it didn't feel right. never had to dig it out though. Hemorroids suck, I've had them so I feel for ya (I'm wincing as I right this).

but my son has constipation and one of the things that was recommended to us was to use vasiline and "rim" his butt hole to encourage the bowel to empty itself. don't really know if it works, but it is supposed to help prevent him from getting internal hemmoriods

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 4:06 AM

They knew I hadn't pooped and sent me home anyway. :(

Quoting MeganECox:

I didn't poop after either of mine, I lied & told the drs I did so I could leave. I don't think I had a satisfactory poop till a few days after I got home from the hospital with either cs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MeganECox:

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 1, 2012 at 4:13 AM

there were other beneficial things that were said about it, but I don't really remember. something about making it easier for the poop to come out(like lubing it up), and something to do with stretching the "hole"

sorry for the tmi.

I like the lady's suggestion of hugging a pillow, I can see how it would help make it easier :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting. I might have to use that. I don't think rimming it will encourage a BM because the stool is so hard it's just not coming out. It's worth a shot though. 

Quoting bustybee:

MeganECox
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:13 AM
Really? Hmm. Well I hope you find relief soon! Have you tried a warm bath or shower?? Sometimes that will encourage a Bm?

Quoting Anonymous:

They knew I hadn't pooped and sent me home anyway. :(

Quoting MeganECox:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MeganECox:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)