Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think alimony/spousal support, is ridiculous

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

yep, totally do! I understand child support, its his kid too and should be financially responsible as well as acting like a parent should. But freaking spousal support? he isnt YOUR dad, he just doesnt want to be with you anymore, i think people should kinda just learn to get over it and take responsibility for themselves! 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Replies (351-360):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on May. 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

lol I need to find one of these woman. bahaha

Quoting amomynous_j:

probably.

it's just a saying..lol

Quoting Anonymous:

but there are plenty of sucessful men without woman behind them? right? just generally speaking...

lol ugh, this post is stupid. im done here.

Have a wonderful day lady! =)

Quoting amomynous_j:

no, it means behind every successful man is a woman that loves and supports his dreams. 

Quoting Anonymous:

stupid. lol so basically your saying, a man cant do anything unless he has a woman????

Quoting MrCruzito:

Mmmkay...

Quoting Anonymous:

Ur post is redonkulous

Quoting MrCruzito:

My dad tells me, "Behind every successful man is a woman putting her foot up his ass."...The spouses of successful men are often instrumental in their success.  Without those women, those men would be nothing.  However, he is the one that actually collects the paycheck but she invested her entire adult life into making sure he was successful.  If he wakes up one morning and thinks, "Ive made it, time for me to get a little hot tootsie roll", that doesn't mean that her right to his money has dissolved.  Its like royalty checks! 

When someone invents something but wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of another person, that person gets royalty checks from the profit the inventer gets.   Its nothing more than giving whats due. 

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on May. 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elly219
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I agree I don't think that is something that should have to be paid just because a marriage didn't work out.

amomynous_j
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

it's something said to a woman, at least in my experience. 

often wives are on the backburner so it's basically to compliment a successful man's wife.

i dunno.

it's just a silly saying, people are putting too much thought into it...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amomynous_j:

probably.

it's just a saying..lol

Quoting Anonymous:

but there are plenty of sucessful men without woman behind them? right? just generally speaking...

Quoting amomynous_j:

no, it means behind every successful man is a woman that loves and supports his dreams. 

Quoting Anonymous:

stupid. lol so basically your saying, a man cant do anything unless he has a woman????

Quoting MrCruzito:

Mmmkay...

Quoting Anonymous:

Ur post is redonkulous

Quoting MrCruzito:

My dad tells me, "Behind every successful man is a woman putting her foot up his ass."...The spouses of successful men are often instrumental in their success.  Without those women, those men would be nothing.  However, he is the one that actually collects the paycheck but she invested her entire adult life into making sure he was successful.  If he wakes up one morning and thinks, "Ive made it, time for me to get a little hot tootsie roll", that doesn't mean that her right to his money has dissolved.  Its like royalty checks! 

When someone invents something but wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of another person, that person gets royalty checks from the profit the inventer gets.   Its nothing more than giving whats due. 

MrCruzito
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I didn't write it intending to present it to a judge. 

Quoting SnapIt:

Sorry but that wouldn't hold up in court or to a judge now

One time maybe, but not anymore

Quoting MrCruzito:

Of course not, its a figure of speech...but MARRIED men with GOOD wives, generally owe a lot of their success to the woman.  I believe this is true.  Every man I have been with has improved his life drastically because of my enthusiastic support.  My parents are an extreme example of this.  My father was a serious hopeless alcoholic, my mother deserves a lot of the credit for the man he is today.  Her love, support and confidence in him is what allowed him to dig deep in and pull out that inner strength and clean up.  He went from sleeping naked under free ways to owning a succesful business.  So ya I think it is a truthful statement that applies to many not all of course.  The quote is ACTUALLY, "Behind every great man is a great woman."  author is unknown.  But I like how my dad says it better : ) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrCruzito:

Mmmkay...

Quoting Anonymous:

Ur post is redonkulous

Quoting MrCruzito:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on May. 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM

yes, i need to find a woman, i wanna be sucessful lol. =)

Quoting amomynous_j:

it's something said to a woman, at least in my experience. 

often wives are on the backburner so it's basically to compliment a successful man's wife.

i dunno.

it's just a silly saying, people are putting too much thought into it...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amomynous_j:

probably.

it's just a saying..lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amomynous_j:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrCruzito:

Mmmkay...

Quoting Anonymous:

Ur post is redonkulous

Quoting MrCruzito:

andiemomo3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I am amazed at the amount of women who think that myself or the other stay-at-home moms should find it acceptable to live on what they can scrape up on a $20,000 or $30,000 dollar a year job while the supposed ex continues to live to same lifestyle as before on his huge salary? Sure, we should be able to take care of ourselves, but why is that acceptable when our job was taking care of that fabulous home, wealthy husband and children? We would still be taking care of children, just not in HIS house. He could have his piece of pie - just not at the expense of my lifestyle and my children's lifestyle. Let him go live in an apartment with the new missy.

This is all, of course, in the case of hubs leaving a wife for reasons hubs really shouldn't. If its an friendly divorce, you will rarely find alimony being paid anyhow.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM

But if you were to used it for a divorce it wouldn't fly. Anyone can think what they want and feel they are entitled to, but when it comes down to the real deal it's a lot different.

No one really knows if that same man would've had the same out come without his wife. And many men were successful before she ever came along. He may have been at the start of his game. He didn't need her to start him off, so who is to say she is the reason why he became successful. If he knew what he wanted to do with his life, he would've achieve it anyway without her. There are many men who have their eye to reach the top and they don't need a woman to show them how. 

Quoting MrCruzito:

Quoting SnapIt:

Quoting MrCruzito:

Of course not, its a figure of speech...but MARRIED men with GOOD wives, generally owe a lot of their success to the woman.  I believe this is true.  Every man I have been with has improved his life drastically because of my enthusiastic support.  My parents are an extreme example of this.  My father was a serious hopeless alcoholic, my mother deserves a lot of the credit for the man he is today.  Her love, support and confidence in him is what allowed him to dig deep in and pull out that inner strength and clean up.  He went from sleeping naked under free ways to owning a succesful business.  So ya I think it is a truthful statement that applies to many not all of course.  The quote is ACTUALLY, "Behind every great man is a great woman."  author is unknown.  But I like how my dad says it better : ) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrCruzito:

Mmmkay...

Quoting Anonymous:

Ur post is redonkulous

Quoting MrCruzito:

kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

He doesnt have the right to change his mind. Why get married if you plan on changing your mind? Why creste.children hen you plan o givimg them a broken home? Wow that is pure selfishness.
MrCruzito
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

ok...I was just responding to why I think spousal support is not rediculous. 

Quoting SnapIt:

But if you were to used it for a divorce it wouldn't fly. Anyone can think what they want and feel they are entitled to, but when it comes down to the real deal it's a lot different.

No one really knows if that same man would've had the same out come without his wife. And many men were successful before she ever came along. He may have been at the start of his game. He didn't need her to start him off, so who is to say she is the reason why he became successful. If he knew what he wanted to do with his life, he would've achieve it anyway without her. There are many men who have their eye to reach the top and they don't need a woman to show them how. 

Quoting MrCruzito:

Quoting SnapIt:

Quoting MrCruzito:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrCruzito:

Mmmkay...

Quoting Anonymous:

Ur post is redonkulous

Quoting MrCruzito:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)