Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was that wife

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I was that wife who nagged at her husband that he is checking out this woman, that he thinks she is more pretty, that he wants to sleep with her, etc. I was that wife. I made going out hell. I would tell my husband how I am to ugly to really be let outside the house and how I feel bad for him. I was that crazy wife.

I can't pin-point when I stopped. I am just glad I did and glad we are together.

ETA

I slowly realized it was tearing us apart and I had to get my shit together. I realized those were my issues and he was not treating me horrible. He wasn't cheating on me. He loved me.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 5:04 AM
Ugh I can't stand those insecure women!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh I can't stand those insecure women!

I was that wife. I am not that wife anymore. We have been married for 7 years and this was in the beginning of our marriage. I can't stand it either. I am so far from that person I was then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 5:09 AM

bump

angeleyes16
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:10 AM

I'm happy for you that you were ale to overcome your insecurities.

I feel the same way sometimes, especially after I had my son. What helped me is that I stopped looking at myself so much. I just looked at my dh looking at me with approval if you know what I mean. I know he thinks I'm beautiful. I think I'll always want some things to change about my body, but him telling me that I'm beautiful/sexy, makes me feel better about myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Quoting angeleyes16:

I feel the same way sometimes, especially after I had my son. What helped me is that I stopped looking at myself so much. I just looked at my dh looking at me with approval if you know what I mean. I know he thinks I'm beautiful. I think I'll always want some things to change about my body, but him telling me that I'm beautiful/sexy, makes me feel better about myself.

Thank you. I am not 100% secure but I don't let how I feel about my body or whatever effect how I speak to my husband. I would love to be smaller again( I did lose weight but gained it after my son, then lost it, then gained it...now I am pregnant). In the meantime, I know he loves me regardless of my size at the moment. He looks at me a lot differently than I do.

He tells me I am sexy and makes me feel better. I don't have to nag him to get him to say I am not ugly(not that he never told me I was pretty back then but kwim?).

angeleyes16
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angeleyes16:

Thank you. I am not 100% secure but I don't let how I feel about my body or whatever effect how I speak to my husband. I would love to be smaller again( I did lose weight but gained it after my son, then lost it, then gained it...now I am pregnant). In the meantime, I know he loves me regardless of my size at the moment. He looks at me a lot differently than I do.

He tells me I am sexy and makes me feel better. I don't have to nag him to get him to say I am not ugly(not that he never told me I was pretty back then but kwim?).

I think it's important that both husband/wife show the other person that they find them attractive/sexy. How else are you supposed to feel confident when you're feeling down about yourself?

Remember, don't look at yourself... Look at him. It really helps =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN