Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im letting my kids miss state testing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

My older kids have state testing tomorrow and my preschooler has a trip to the zoo. We all get in free tomorrow, so I am allowing my older kids to go also and they will make up that portion of the test on Friday.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
So your letting them know that education isn't number one? I would never do that school should always come first.
gamomof3cuties
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:41 AM

And you thought that that was important enough to post? You are just looking for validation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 7:42 AM
I wouldn't do that, but your kids moth mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 7:42 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

So your letting them know that education isn't number one? I would never do that school should always come first.
Baby8901
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow! In my state, there is no making up a state test, at all!
Way to show your kids that education doesn't come first!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:43 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 1, 2012 at 7:43 AM

hmmm i dont think that is ok but to each their own

itseebitsee
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Why? To get in free at the zoo? The teachers prime the kids for these tests and how important they are. Now your child will have to miss a day of new lessons to make up the tests. Nice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coleysmama
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM
You need to make sure that they don't need a doctors note to be able to make it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM

does the older kid WANT to go to the zoo?   i have found that most kids - even kids who dont get to go too often - loose interest after a certain age - i helped a 4th grade class on a field trip to the zoo and it was just obvious they were too old to care.  they just wanted to talk to each other and be social - didnt really care about the animals or whatever - but all kids are different.    how does your child feel about testing - i am a teacher and as long as you sent them in for the make up - it doesnt matter to the school - but if your child will worry about the test coming then i might consider just getting it over with...  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)