Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If You Can't Handle Being A Parent, Don't Have Kids!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend, she has a kid who is newly 2, another kid who is 9 months and she's pregnant again. Her husband is in the military and is gone a lot. Before she was pregnant with number 3, her dh was deployed and all day every day she complained and complained on fb and through text about how she never gets sleep, she hates her life, being a mom is so hard, she's going insane and has no help(I'm not in the same state). So what does she do when he dh comes home? Tries to get pregnant again! So its the same thing every day about how her kids keep her up all night and its so hard being a parent,etc.

Well she's about to have another kid. So 3 under 3...she can't handle the ones she has, and her dh is leaving again. I think its fine if people want to have kids, but why keep having them if you seriously can't handle them and they stress you out THAT much?! I just don't get it! Ok vent over!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Replies (61-70):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Its not like he is out screwing around, he is serving his country. And again, we have no idea what goes down behind closed doors

Quoting Anonymous:

Cant be much of a marriage if he is never there.......

Quoting mommy_me:

Every mom has the right to bitch and complian without judgment. We dont know what goes on inside that marriage

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow...lots of perfect moms here.

I'm sure every last one of you have complained. Shut up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnIdentiFiedOne
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Oh, and if you aren't going through what she is, you really have no clue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truth.be.told
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Sounds like she needs a holiday. Kids by your side 24/7 sometimes sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Some people just like to be unhappy I guess. Maybe she thinks it will keep dh loyal? So many possible reasons none of them are good for hte kids. 

peachesforme
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Thank God for essure, that's all I can say. 

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM

She might just be a complainer.   Not that she's not handling things ok the rest of the time, but when she gets time to talk to a friend, maybe commiserating about stuff is all she can do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Trust me, I'm all for taking time to yourself. I know how it is to be stressed and need time to yourself. I just don't understand how someone can have 2 kids and bitch and complain all day long about how hard it is and how you hate your life,etc and then PURPOSELY get pregnant AGAIN?! How much sense does that make???

Quoting truth.be.told:

Sounds like she needs a holiday. Kids by your side 24/7 sometimes sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM
True. But if you know you can't handle two what makes you think you can handle three?

Quoting Anonymous:

my question is how do you know if you can't handle being a parent until you are already there?

Don't you kinda have to be a parent before you decide its not as fun as the brochure said it would be?

By then its too late though, so ya can't really decide to not be a parent if you already are one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 6:55 PM
I have tried. I have given her so much advice. But she never takes it. Just complains.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe she just need some one to talk to ..maybe u should be a friend she can lean on.. it can be hard but shit happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured