Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If You Can't Handle Being A Parent, Don't Have Kids!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend, she has a kid who is newly 2, another kid who is 9 months and she's pregnant again. Her husband is in the military and is gone a lot. Before she was pregnant with number 3, her dh was deployed and all day every day she complained and complained on fb and through text about how she never gets sleep, she hates her life, being a mom is so hard, she's going insane and has no help(I'm not in the same state). So what does she do when he dh comes home? Tries to get pregnant again! So its the same thing every day about how her kids keep her up all night and its so hard being a parent,etc.

Well she's about to have another kid. So 3 under 3...she can't handle the ones she has, and her dh is leaving again. I think its fine if people want to have kids, but why keep having them if you seriously can't handle them and they stress you out THAT much?! I just don't get it! Ok vent over!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Some people are just drama-addicts! They can't help themselves, they jsut keep making one bad decision after another, and don't get why they are unhappy..... I am willing to bet she is probably financially a mess too??

SDarvasi
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

exactly. we all have our good and bad days. Kids are a handful and it's a hard job being a mom...so no matter how perfect ones life seems...you will always have some sort of stress. She just expressed it online. Why is that so wrong? I don't get it...lol.

Quoting mommy_me:

Every mom has the right to bitch and complian without judgment. We dont know what goes on inside that marriage

Jenny_Penny89
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Beats me.

SDarvasi
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I love how people are just assuming they know her all of a sudden.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Some people are just drama-addicts! They can't help themselves, they jsut keep making one bad decision after another, and don't get why they are unhappy..... I am willing to bet she is probably financially a mess too??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Deployment is hard. Untill you have been there with kids shut up. She is venting. I vented I wanted to give ds away while dh was deployed even said I wanted to mail him to dh. So untill you go through deployment shut up.
elrikandisis
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Being a mom is only as hard as you make it.  I have a 16 yo son, 7.5 yo son, 3 yo dd, and 6 month old dd. Never once did I think 'omg this is too hard'.  It's only hard if you make it so.  There are numerous things you can do for FREE if you have no money that ease the tension.  Go to the park.  Go for a ride on the city bus (omg did my kids looooove that!!). Color on the sidewalk with chalk. Play hopscotch.  Put cusions and blankets on the floor and make a fort and watch silly movies.  Sleep when they sleep and you will never be sleep deprived.  Fresh air and sunshine always knock a child out. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
GloBug62
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I know someone who does the same thing. She uses her other children as an excuse for why she can't be more actively involved in all her children's lives. She always saying I would understand if I had more than one kid, and I always think to myself "you chose to have more than one kid, so I don't really care to hear your excuses for the lack of involvement you have in your child's lives."

couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM

ok she was venting her frustration not saying she cannot hack it as a mom. sounds like she really needed a caring friend to listen to her frustrations and instead got judged and sentenced to unworthy of motherhood. sheesh. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I don't know that I would trash a military wife because she is complaining about how difficult it is to be home without her spouse.  It's not an easy lifestyle.  Maybe she needs some help.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM

It could/is stressful to be a single parent. Doesn't mean she loves them any less or wishes she never had them. It means she is stressed and vents her thoughts on a public forum...sometimes people do this to get A)attention that they are lacking at home(husband gone) B) advise from other mothers in simular situations. or C) to just get thoughts out like you would a diary. Doesn't make her any less of a monther, just makes her human. Now if she beats or causes any pain on the babies I would question her having a child, but to complain about kids is what every mother that actually take the mother role seriously would do. Kids are wonderful, God send, but at the same time they can be so hard to control and you want that little bit of alone time....Its healthy she is reaching out...if she wasn't thats when the flags should raise...no mother is super mom and can handle being a single parent and hubby fighting for our country would be a lot more stress then the normal household in my opinoin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN