Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If You Can't Handle Being A Parent, Don't Have Kids!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend, she has a kid who is newly 2, another kid who is 9 months and she's pregnant again. Her husband is in the military and is gone a lot. Before she was pregnant with number 3, her dh was deployed and all day every day she complained and complained on fb and through text about how she never gets sleep, she hates her life, being a mom is so hard, she's going insane and has no help(I'm not in the same state). So what does she do when he dh comes home? Tries to get pregnant again! So its the same thing every day about how her kids keep her up all night and its so hard being a parent,etc.

Well she's about to have another kid. So 3 under 3...she can't handle the ones she has, and her dh is leaving again. I think its fine if people want to have kids, but why keep having them if you seriously can't handle them and they stress you out THAT much?! I just don't get it! Ok vent over!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Replies (71-73):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Trust me, I am FAR from a b****! I am ALWAYS there for my friends. I do so much for them its not even funny. I have given her so much advice, I even sent her kids some cute outfits and toys. She doesn't take the advice. She openly says she can't handle it, so then why purposely have another? That's what I don't understand. I can't imagine three will be easier than two,Kwim? Her dh was gone for 8 months, he's been home since Dec. He deploys again later this year. Right now he's home. He gives her everything she wants, he's very good to her. She just can't handle the loss of sleep and her kids whining. Those are the main things she complains about. I don't know, I just don't understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

People deal differently my god you sound like a b***h glad you are not my friend. Maybe she is dealing with something she is not telling you. Maybe she is depressed. Do you know everything going on in her life?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been through deployment. My ex husband was navy and I was 1500 miles away from anyone I knew. Sure it was hard, but I didn't say I hated my life and that I couldn't stand being a mom every single day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Deployment is hard. Untill you have been there with kids shut up. She is venting. I vented I wanted to give ds away while dh was deployed even said I wanted to mail him to dh. So untill you go through deployment shut up.
nverheyn2011
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I get overwhelmed with just my one. But there are so many factors that arose after I found out that play into whether or not my dd and I have a good day together or an alientated one. If I have a good day, I'm up at the crack of dawn ready for when she wakes up at 7 am with her oatmeal and bottle all ready for her. But if I have a bad day, like today for example, her cheer grates on my depression (for the record, I have been diagnosed with manic depression/bi polar disorder, and PTSD) and I just can't handle her.

I know a couple that got married just after hs in my town and they're living off of one income, and the social services provided to them. They've got 5 kids already, and word around town is #6 is on the way. I don't care that they've got a large family, what I care about is that they've got no way to support all these kids!

JoLee12345
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM
As a mom of soon to be six, I agree 100%! My neighbors have one (yes we too are military )and and she gets oober stressed over him! And he is an excellent baby! IDK... yesterday she flipped bc my son accidentally got her car wet with the hose! Just simple water and was bitching about water spots! Full on stress attack ...lol so I had ds wash her car and shammy it so as to calm her down! Lol and he is grounded for a day. I honestly think she is way too stressed to handle one much less the one she wants to try for after her dh gets back from Afghanistan!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)