Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

About the mother who shared the chips with her husband and daughter

I just wanted to let all the moms who thought she was a scam know that she was real.

She pm , I talked to her for a while did a little searching she is a real mom , she wasnt trying to scam any one!

So please instead of just assuming some one is afake just dont reply if you arent sure, and allow the other who want to help offer thier help. I understand that thier are people out there who want to scam but sayinf some of the things you guys are saying can take a toll on a mother and make them afraid to readh out for the help. She was from Ohio and here in Ohio they are pretty pain in the ass to get any help. Due to all the people using it , it makes it difficult to get any help. If you make even a penny over  what they think you should make the figure you dont need it.

Im not trying to offend any one Im just trying to let you know this poor lady wasnt a fake and didnt deservee some of the crap said to her, no I wont give out any of here information just because I dont feel I need to because it would be rude of me but please next time if your not sure dont say mean things :O)

VE?NT OVER :O) every  one have a lovely day

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
LveMy2K1dS
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Ya thats true, didn't think of that

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

you can pick up free internet if some one doesnt put a password on it. an she just last wen lost her job so maybe they paid it before she lost her job and next month they may lose it if they dont have the money. if that makes sense?

Quoting LveMy2K1dS:

Oh ok, just saw this. I'm in youngstown. I was just in cleveland over the weekend. I am not being rude here, but if someone has money for internet to post on here, why don't they have money for food? Internet is not a necessity. Not trying to say she IS scamming but I always just wonder about that

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Quoting mybabytristan:

i stated that i was in NW ohio and could help and it is sad how people kept saying its a scam. well even if its a scam someone MUST be hungry. We were offering food not cash

she is from the cleaveland area , ifyou wouldnt mind I could give her your screen name to email you?  I dont want to give hers out with out asking her first.

singlemom1208
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM
People forget there is a person on the other side of the computer.

Quoting singlemom1208:

That's sad. I must've been in bed by the time she posted. I'm all the way in Ga. :(

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

yes but people kept going to her post and saying oh I bet your fake because thiere was some one else was on here tonight being fake too, an other things along these line , only reason I know all this is because I started keeping up with it as soon as it was posted.

Quoting singlemom1208:

This. That mom was in south CA

Quoting Junesmommy18:

I don't *think* that was the one most people were talking about. We had an issue because a lady had said she was having a hard time, and numerous, I mean 50-75 mommas on here offered to help, a few even attempted to order her a pizza ... Turns out that ONE wasn't real :( made me sad because now people will be iffy about giving out help to others ... :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM

i don't believe ANYONE on this site ..   just because you chatted with someone for a few hours doesn't mean she isn't a scam.   maybe its just me,  i see SO many trolls on here that i just ignore the " give me" posts...and that is EXACTLY  what they are.  why else post something like that?  i just don't get how someone knew ALL day they wouldn't have food for dinner but didn't do anything to help that.  go outside & collect cans for christ sakes.   a box of mac & cheese is less than a damn dollar.  

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Quoting Junesmommy18:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

See, thats what I mean. Now because one person was ignorant, everyone who REALLY needs help, won't get it or will be issued as fake. Just sucks how one can ruin it. But glad you're helping how you can momma!

yeah it is sad but I wish instead just assuming i think people should either wait it out an see what happens or just dnt reply bc then you could really be hurting some one who in already down

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I am glad someone could help her. Please realize here on the Internet there are a lot of scams. That is probly why people said scam. It wasn't personal.
singletiredmom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I hope she got help. I wish I was closer. I'm in pa. I don't have a lot but I do have a freezer full of food. I'm always willing to do what I can to help someone. I was even willing to try and talk to the pizza lady last night after everyone was saying it was a scam. There is still a part of me that wasn't ready to give up on her just in case she did have hungry babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ThatsTheWayItIs
O ok. Ya i missed that then. Thanks for the information.

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

All they had to eat between the three of them was one 29 cent bag of chips. :( I wish I could help, but I'm in Texas.

Quoting ThatsTheWayItIs:

I must've missed that post. I don't see why giving her husband and daughter chips is drama worthy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010

Quoting Anonymous:

i don't believe ANYONE on this site ..   just because you chatted with someone for a few hours doesn't mean she isn't a scam.   maybe its just me,  i see SO many trolls on here that i just ignore the " give me" posts...and that is EXACTLY  what they are.  why else post something like that?  i just don't get how someone knew ALL day they wouldn't have food for dinner but didn't do anything to help that.  go outside & collect cans for christ sakes.   a box of mac & cheese is less than a damn dollar.  

she has some food threw out the day and here even the powder shells and chesse are 1.29 before taxes.  an yeah  im sure the cans are already claimed by some one lol there is a lady around my housethat goes threw every ones trash and takes thier cans she ll attacck you if you try to take thier cans lol and no I did a serach on her she is a real person and she isnt trying to scam you guys.

Mehganh
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Quoting tifbrown:

It makes me happy that there are still people like you who truly care. I read that and it broke my heart. Not sure why anyone would jump to the assumption that it's fake? But, I'm glad you took the time to reach out and find out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

they do forget and mind you she never actually asked any one for any thing she just expressed that they were down on thier luck and what they had for diner, she never actaully asked me for any thing either I offered, never asked for food never asked for anything at all.

Quoting singlemom1208:

People forget there is a person on the other side of the computer.

Quoting singlemom1208:

That's sad. I must've been in bed by the time she posted. I'm all the way in Ga. :(

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

yes but people kept going to her post and saying oh I bet your fake because thiere was some one else was on here tonight being fake too, an other things along these line , only reason I know all this is because I started keeping up with it as soon as it was posted.

Quoting singlemom1208:

This. That mom was in south CA

Quoting Junesmommy18:

I don't *think* that was the one most people were talking about. We had an issue because a lady had said she was having a hard time, and numerous, I mean 50-75 mommas on here offered to help, a few even attempted to order her a pizza ... Turns out that ONE wasn't real :( made me sad because now people will be iffy about giving out help to others ... :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN