Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

feeling used... Am I wrong to?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 10 Replies
So my "friend" asked if I can take her daughter to preschool, this week on the 2 days mine goes. No problem. I DIDNT mind taken them, she is with me. What I do mind is her telling me, after we r almost @ the school that her son has a doctors apointment so now I am taking him to it. Well we are here already. I just feel like she used me. She knows that I have issues with my DH (MY BE DIVORCING) im a SAHM & he is a bit of an ass when it comes to money. I just put in my last $17 and it didnt even give me half a tank. I've been looking for a job, but no luck yet. Im super annoyed lately. Maybe its just PMS, MAYBE she just used me. I hate my life right now, thank god for my beauitful daughter other wise who knows, She keeps my head up. Well on the way home she wonts to stop @ the bank, no problem its on the way. Then she wonts to go to walmart, WTF im struggling to get my kid to preschool & you want me to drive you ever where. Hello my child is hungry, I need to feed her going to a bbq @ a friends. Well, that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ihave1
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Was cancelled. She wants to go to McDanolds 2 get her kids some food, could have offered to buy my baby something. I would have said no but @ least ask. I feel likke i wron g to be upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM

sounds very inconsiderate of her to have done this. and no gas money? i would not be driving anyone anywhere after this, i would politely say I am no ones free cab and unless i get gas money its stopping here. 

Nicsone
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are that tight you should have said no or asked for gas money. You agreed to take him to school because you were already going there and it wasnt any more gas, not to mention it was plain rude to assume you had not plans and you would be willing to just run her all over.

cbrizzee
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Wow. That sucks maybe tell her nicely that you don't mind helping her out but maybe could use a couple bucks gas money for the truble
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM
She usually offers the gas money, when I dont need it. I just felt weird asking her for it. She is also tight on the gas front, which is why I am taking to school today & Thursday. Now tho I most likely wont be able to take my baby to the cook out on Thursday the school is having.

Quoting Nicsone:

If you are that tight you should have said no or asked for gas money. You agreed to take him to school because you were already going there and it wasnt any more gas, not to mention it was plain rude to assume you had not plans and you would be willing to just run her all over.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2012 at 3:16 PM

just say you can't...and if she keeps asking again say you can't, she will get the point.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:19 PM

you shouldnt consider her a friend - more of a leach - ask her for gas money.

mamacough
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM

She took advantage of you that is for sure. Next time just say no you can't go everywhere, you have got to get home.:)

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I'm grateful for my friends, I've never thought any of my friends use me our the other way around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bemomof307
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Tell her to give you gas money. No more free rides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)