Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Super Curious...If you are on PA....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies

Poll

Question: I am on PA and I have...

Options:

Cable

a flat screen or HD TV

I pad

xbox/wii game console with games

4g phone

2 of these

3 of these

more than 3 of these

None.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 168

View Results

If you are on PA, what of these Luxuries do you own?  I am really curious. You dont even have to comment...just answer poll.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeleyes16
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a flat screen and the x box. We had the TV forever, and the x box came from craigslist with games for dirt cheap. All dh had to do was take it apart and put new parts in it. (He can build computers, videos games, pretty much anything).

edelweiss23
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM
When I was on PA as a single mom. I had none of those. I had a prepaid phone,no TV(ex took it) and crappy computer and dial up internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ARmomOf3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM

xbox was a christmas gift from his mother. tv was housewarming gift from my parents. phones are the straight talk androids. no contract or monthly bills. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM
What is considered PA? We are on wic and med. Assistance. ( well my son is...I'm not)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Have 2cable,wii I saved up for wii for my kidss,cable my mom payes..i live wtg her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I have an iPhone.
Had it before I left my husband, he still pays the bill.
Selling it would not help one bit in my situation so I am keeping it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I am on PA, and have a flatscreen cable and 4g phone. I was 38 weeks pregnant, when my husband became ill. I was already on maternity leave. We went from 60,000 a year to 0.... My son was born, while my husband was still in ICU. I had enough savings for 4 months, but when that ran out, i had to get on PA. I have been looking for a job desperately, but am going to have a hard time with child care, as my husband is slowly getting better, but is unable to lift my son. We paid into the system for years, so i dont feel bad using it for a few months until we get back on our feet. Oh and the reason we have all the material items, we had them pre this mess, and are in contracts with most of it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM

When i WAS on PA, i had none of those, and my dad paid my cell phone bill so i had a way to keep in contact with whoever had my kids

Safrianna
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM

My TV was a gift two Christmases ago from DH's parents. My Wii was a gift from DHs parents three Christmases ago. The Xbox we got back before I was on WIC and we lived in MD (we got it when we were living in TN and the cost of living was much cheaper). WIC is the only PA I qualify for though, and DH is within $25 of the limit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I receive PA and live in subsidy. My parents help pay my bills. I have cable, Wii and a smart phone and a used flat screen.
Don't worry, I'm a broke b!tch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)