Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Ds's paternal family is rarely involved. Every once in a while, his biodad, and grandma will pop up. I txted gma yesterday and she asked when shed stay the night with ds.

She's practically homeless and I refuse to let them know where we live. Dad used to threaten our lives. Claims it was only cuz he was high but I don't want to take that chance. He is sober for almost 2 yrs tho. If gma knows where we live, she will tell her son.

I suggested we go to a hotel, but the more I think about it, I don't want to. Financially, it'll be on me- the room, the food, entertainment... Plus shell need a ride there and back to where she's staying.

Do you think I should go ahead with the hotel, or not contact her? Wwyd?

Ds doesnt care either way with that family. Long ago, he learned not to get his hopes up
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CrazyLife1996
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I think what ever makes you comfortable is what you should do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Last time we talked through text was earlier this yr. Last time we seen her, was before oct 2011. DS is 6.5 yrs old
mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I think you need to do what's best for your son. If you don't feel comfortable doing it then don't. Maybe just do something for the day that's not as expensive. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM

bump

momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM
If it were me, I would not do it. If they have proven time and time again they don't want to be in your sons life then don't waste your time or money on these people!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN