Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hot d*mn she really did it!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So my cousin's been having an issue with her girls about cleaning their room. She's begged, threatened, helped, everything she could think of.

At Thanksgiving she told her girls if they didn't clean up and keep their room clean their toys would be taken away and given to Goodwill. Their response was "it's ok, we'll get more for Christmas." She cried she was so disappointed in that bratty response.

Well, since then, it's been a battle having them keep their room picked up and yesterday she finally did it. Everything that wasn't where it was supposed to be was given to Goodwill. They had plenty of chances. Now their room is clean, because they have almost nothing in it. Sucks for them, but they should have kept their stuff put up. (they're 7 and 5)

Could you do it?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Crap, I didn't mean to like this. Lol. Wrong button
krazi_beautyful
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Good for her!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM

We have been known to put their unpicked up toys in trash bags and hide them in the closet in our garage and when they decide to keep their rooms clean they will earn one toy back, maybe two if it's cleaned really good. My kids are 4 and 5 and we are about to do this again. Their playroom is a disaster and it's always either me or the hubs cleaning it because the kids are refusing to do so again. 

hollydaze1974
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:55 AM
i could put it in the attic and take christmas presents away (for after the lesson of giving was learned) but I couldn't give them away....that's hundreds of dollars
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I have three boxes going to good will because they refuses to clean up. 

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Yup I've done it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaraylene

I sure would.

PhatAttack
Just did it yesterday. I'm a firm believer of never threatening somethin I'm not willing to carry through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ARmomOf3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM

i wouldnt give it away, that cost too much. i'd put it in the shed and TELL them i gave it away. when they start doing what they are told, they can get it back a little at a time. they are 5 and 3. i dont have too hard a time though, eventually they do clean it. it may take all day of me telling them, yelling, helping, etc. but it gets done.

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Yep id do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN