Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What age do you stop? ETA another question

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  • 32 Replies

If you're a parent that spanks, what age do you stop?

ETA******* I also am curious as to what kind of spankin' we're talkin' about here? I hear *open hand* but is that on the butt? Legs? Head? Is there ever a belt involved?

My mom used the belt and I HATED it!! My brother and I would hide it (like under a rug...dumb!!) and then when I got to be about 6 or 7, I would run outta the house and not come back for hours.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM
4 moms liked this

when they're old enough to smack you back

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM
4 moms liked this
When they can charge you with assault.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 12:00 PM
When you finally hear them when they tell you it's hurts, emotionally and physically.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2012 at 12:00 PM
haha good one .

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM
When you finally look at your child for being a child and know this is what children do. And doesn't deserve physical violence as a punishment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM
When will you people get it.... ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

teenage... I'd say 13!

But heck, my mom was trying to spank me even past that age! LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM
My dad stopped spanking when I punched him back, I was 15

Quoting Anonymous:

couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

i would say around 12-13 though there might be times it would stil be warranted . but by that age other punishments are much more effective in my opinion like taking everything in thier room away plus the door till they earn back anything that is not essentially needed. hurts them where it counts. 

Echos-ma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

When you find it not affective. Every child is different. I know my brother was a turd and I got swatted longer then he did, cuz he just turn around and laugh at mom..haha I was the one that would put both hands over my bum and plead her not to..lol she didn't do it very often, thankfully...only when I was really naughty! What worked on my brother because he was/still is a huge gamer...when he was off to school an thought all had passed and he was in the clear he would come home to see ALL not one or two but ALL his game systems and games removed and put in my room! :) Yay for me! He would get sooo mad because big sister got to play with his stuff and he couldn't...we'll if he didn't like it then he needed to act right, you don't act right you don't get right things happeneing to you! Mom always said...believe me it worked and quick...I only had the game systems probably twice! ;) Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)