Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear Mr. Garbage man....

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 12 Replies
First off I GREATLY appreciate your job! I couldn't do it :-( I love living where I have garbage service in my alley, it's very convient for me and my family, friends, neighbors etc.

But I have ONE tiny favor to ask.... Can you please not leave my garbage can in the middle of my driveway entrance? People speed like crazy down my alley and I hate having to leave my car in the alley to put up my garbage can. I know it seems petty, but it's a pain when the elements hit and whatnot to move it where I can pull into my drive way!

Again, I greatly appreciate your job and whatever they pay you must not be enough to deal with trash all day!

Thank you!

Eta: to fix misspells!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KitT.Kat
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Do you mean garbage?

baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM
*facepalm* I'll fix it LOL. Idk why autocorrect didn't fix it!

Quoting KitT.Kat:

Do you mean garbage?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KitT.Kat
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

LOL, it's ok everybody makes typos. I just thought it was funny because it was gargage first and then garage. 

It happens. 

Quoting baquick:

Quoting KitT.Kat:

Do you mean garbage?

baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I noticed that... I was like wtf was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!??
Multitask fail.
Quoting KitT.Kat:

LOL, it's ok everybody makes typos. I just thought it was funny because it was gargage first and then garage. 

It happens. 

Quoting baquick:

Quoting KitT.Kat:

Do you mean garbage?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Be glad your garbage men take your garbage...my neighbors have been TRYING to throw away a broken chair, and a very old stroller for 2 weeks...even put signs on them saying TRASH PLEASE TAKE...alas they are still there...

baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Oh man! Have they called the city?? They do that sometimes here. My neighbors had a tree cut, trash pick up for bulk is on Tuesday, they put it out Sunday night. They didn't pick it up and them got a ticket for having it in their yard for over a week! Smh. They fought that.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Be glad your garbage men take your garbage...my neighbors have been TRYING to throw away a broken chair, and a very old stroller for 2 weeks...even put signs on them saying TRASH PLEASE TAKE...alas they are still there...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplyErathy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Our guys are pretty good and take all the big stuff I put out even but sometimes they leave the can in the middle of the street and when it rains the street floods :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM

my dad was a garbage man for a while ...he made good enough money and he was able to provide for us. he used to work for waste management when i was little ..i hate when i hear people talk badly and think they are better than garbage men ...so thank you for actually thanking the garbage men instead of bashing them :]

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM

lol

Jessica_Esqueda
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:03 PM

My garbage man REFUSES to pick up more than one can, even though I pay for 2 can service :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN