Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I would never be an organ donor. PERIOD.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 248 Replies
4 moms liked this

I will never be an organ donor, and my babies will never be organ donors, unless they chose so when they are older, and even than if I am there, I will fight the hospital about it even if it is in their charts.

I want to hold my child if my child is dying. I want to be there with my child the entire time. Even if they are already gone. I want to sit there and pray for days hoping my child comes out of it. It's happened before, it is rare but it happens.

If I or my child are dying, I want to hospital to do EVERYTHING to try and keep us alive and bring us back. I DO 100% believe that if you are a donor and you are most likely going to die, the hospital staff will not try as hard, will push you over that edge if you are close to it, etc.

I DO BELIEVE THIS.

I just watched a news thing they were saying that facebook is now asking if you are a donor. My answer is NO. I am NOT a donor. The news said, it isn't true that the hospital won't try as hard. Bull. I believe that they wont try. Why should they? You want to be a donor.

And... If my child were still breathing, which they have to be when they take the stuff out, how do you KNOW your child doesn't feel it?

They could still feel it, we don't know if they can or not and I am not taking that chance. That's my baby no matter how old they get, and no one is going to do that to them. It's BARBARIC imho.

That is my CONFESSION for the day.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM
16 moms liked this
I have a leprechaun living in my backyard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM
21 moms liked this
If you say oranges really slow it sounds like gullible
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM
7 moms liked this

That is your choice, but I think it's a selfish one. 

My husband and I are both organ donors and if our children were to pass young we would donate their organs as well. 

Would you gladly accept an organ from someone or for your child even though you don't agree with donating oragans if it meant saving your, your spouse or your children?

pasteeater
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Yikes.  LOL My son passed away at 3 months.  I really wanted him to be a donor.  My ex didn't want him to donate.  I did.  If I was stronger at the time I would have pushed harder to allow it.  I am a donor too.  I want to help others even after I am gone.  I'm not going to say anything negative to you because I respect others choices.  I would hope you respect mine too.

imafuswb
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Suuuure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM

you have a right to feel this way. for me I cannot organ donate anyways due to health issues. my organs are not good enough. i would donate my child's organs if he died, to save another child. and so he would live on in a way. 

kellieknits
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, however, I'm pretty sure if your kids are adults and chose to be organ donors you no longer have a say, unless you're their proxy or have them declared incompetent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM

hmmm

kngarber
by Katie on May. 1, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I've seen the effects of donating organs from both sides. My dh & I will both donate ours if possible & have already said that if anything happens to dd we will donate hers to spare another family from losing their child. To each their own tho. It's your choice.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)