Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Most of you have no clue about TECHNOLOGY, you just wish you did!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM
  • 81 Replies

Ok another drama post LOL no not really.

I am wondering if anyone in the group has any experience with the CLOUD feature that is now coming out with tablets and phones? It is my understanding it is online back up system and wondering how much of it is really free and how well it works and what you can actually do with it or if it only applies for say if you are through Verizon, with a Smartphone, it only works for your smartphone?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM

BUMP!

couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM

not a clue. but bumping you

iluv2meow
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM

BUMP!

mich.el.le
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM

BUMP!

iluv2meow
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:08 PM

hmmm seems no one has had any experience with cloud.........

kaysha
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:09 PM
No idea. Sorry. Here's a bump though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM

BUMP!

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I use the cloud on my Kindle.  It's all linked through Amazon and makes the content downloadable to my Android phone.  you get 5GB free, which is more than enough for my needs.  I only use it for documents and ebooks.

I only have one Apple product (iPod Touch), so I don't need their cloud right now, but if i ever upgrade to an iPhone/Pad, I'll look into it.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I have only heard of it and how it works with Apple products so my knowledge is as you state very limited and wishing I knew. Hope someone can give you some answers. 

iluv2meow
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I saw that also and wondered if it is limited based on what you purchased (Tablet or cell or so). I know they came up with the Cloud because people were hesitant to leave data on the tablets and no way of backing them up but damn... Storage cost is like SUPER expensive and ridiculous! Servers do not COST that much....

Quoting RiotousDigits:

I use the cloud on my Kindle.  It's all linked through Amazon and makes the content downloadable to my Android phone.  you get 5GB free, which is more than enough for my needs.  I only use it for documents and ebooks.

I only have one Apple product (iPod Touch), so I don't need their cloud right now, but if i ever upgrade to an iPhone/Pad, I'll look into it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN