Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People that dont talk right lol

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies
Like I know someone that says ZINK instead of SINK... And I heard someone say VALUME instead of VOLUME lol really ??? WARSH instead of WASH... TORLET... Instead of TOILET come on lol what's some funny words you have heard people say ?

Ok ok ladies im talking about people that have NO accents !! I like accents !
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mare1180
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Hoos da freend dat doos dat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM
21 moms liked this

Irony....you have it.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM
3 moms liked this

warsh is a southern accent thing, or it was where i grew up, its not someone "not talking right" its a accent thing. Im sure some of the others are too.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM

That just sounds like people with accents.  My dad, however, had a very hard time saying crystal...he always said it "cryshtal".  He couldn't avoid making the "h".  And my mom can't say mirror.  Or wait....I think I'm the one who can't say mirror, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM

funny, I read your post title with an accent.

yayay15
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM
My mom says "warsh" and "ongnion". It's silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I say 'uh-boat' instead of 'about'...plus plenty of other words that apparently sound like I have a Canadian accent. I don't think it's really "not talking right", just a matter of different accents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

The first part of your sentence, made me laugh. It annoys me when others use the word "like a lot". You said "like I know someone". To me, I had to replace that with " I know someone'.  I know someone who uses the word "like" multiple times in just one sentence when they speak. It is enough to drive one made!

My mother says the word warsh instead of wash. We are from Texas and I noticed after I left that just about everyone in my family says it. Myself and a few others that I know do not say warsh. Everyone I hear my mother say it i giggle!

LuvCoopins
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

OMGGGGG!!! My MIL...love her to death...but they are country ass and always say "Warsh" and instead of "Whip Cream" she says "Whoop cream"... annnnooooying... =)

marie85
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM

magravated. LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN