Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I send an email or just let it go?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My son is in kindergarten.

I have a younger son, Sam, too (his little brother)who is  4.

I was talking to my sons kindergarten teacher on the playground, and Sam randomly decided to pretend to shoot the teacher. He made a gun with his hands, pretended to shoot, and gave her a very angry look.

She was very upset about it.

I was in complete shock and the only thing I could think of to say is I'm sorry, and that we don't play with guns in our house (we really dont, I don't allow toy guns in the house), they also don't play violent video games or watch violent stuff on TV) and that I had no idea why he did this.

I said I'm sorry like 3 times, I could tell she was VERY UPSET about it. 

Well, due to his preschool program last night, he actually didn't get to bed unti 9:30 and didn't take a nap today and I think that was a large contributing factor too. I assume he has learned the gun thing at preschool.

Should I send her another apology email, and then also explain he didn't get enough sleep last night.

Or should I just not mention it again?

Or do something else?

What would you do??????????

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
comf
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Little kids do that. It doesn't matter if they never see a gun in their life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM

thx for your comment

momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM
let it go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Just leave it alone.  If you keep on trying to explain it, she will think something is up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Quoting comf:

Little kids do that. It doesn't matter if they never see a gun in their life.

And, you've already apologized.  As a teacher, I would hope she would be able to recognize that he wasn't literally going to shoot her.  Chances are he was playing with other kids and she was the "bad guy". 

Mom2Vannah
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I'd let it go too. As long as you know you're child isn't playing with guns or playing violent video games then it's not an issue in my opinion. Children do stuff like that and you've already stated that you were sorry to the teacher. 

LuvMyBaby22
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I would let it be. You apologized prefusely already, if she does not forgive and forget it is her problem. Kids do that stuff, and it has nothing to do if they like you or not. You cannot be offended by the silly things children do sometimes, she needs to get over it and move on.  You did all that you needed to by apologizing, so don't worry about it anymore. (: 

couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM

i would talk to her in person not via email if I felt this concerned to clear the air. 

SerenityMom420
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Just let it go.  Kids will be kids. 

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I would let it be.  If she's going to get that upset over something that small, she has issues you can't fix with an email.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)