Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evil step Mom??

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:19 PM
  • 81 Replies

Recently I have found out that there have been cases of Whooping cough in our area, and there has been one child sick in my daughter's school. My daughter is UTD on all immunization, but I have a 10 month old baby who is at a greater risk of getting sick. My step son comes to us on weekends, and he is always sickly, no one takes the child to the doc, and now he has all the symptoms of first stages of pertussis. I have asked that he be tested before he comes back to our house, and that was met with anger, from his mother and my husband. I am prepared to take my 2 children out of the house until I know that he is not sick...am I being crazy? Would anyone do the same thing? My husband thinks I am over reacting, and is pissed at me, but I don't want to put my children in harms way just because his child is basically neglected.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM
I would do the same
couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i cannot lie, i would do the same thing. 

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Nope you asked something that any ANY decent HUMAN BEING would say yes to and not be angry or pissed off about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaseballMom34
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM
3 moms liked this
He is your husbands child...its the responsibilities of both parents to care for the child..would you exile one of your children from the house if they were sick? If thus child is not being cared for you need to stand up and resolve the issue not idly sit by and let it go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 1, 2012 at 6:26 PM

You're doing the right thing. How would they feel if your baby died?

I be damned if my child dies over some BS. Sure you dont have to immunize your children but my children also do not have to play with or be around yours.

At some point you've got to think about the babies in the family that can die from a child passing along a cold. 

ALSO, they need to be taking better care of their child. A doctors visit is clearly warranted if someone in his class is sick and he is showing similar symptoms.That is medical neglect and deserves a call to the authorities. 

Funny Pictures - Cat Gifs

MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Her actual children need to come first for her. He is not her child.

Quoting BaseballMom34:

He is your husbands child...its the responsibilities of both parents to care for the child..would you exile one of your children from the house if they were sick? If thus child is not being cared for you need to stand up and resolve the issue not idly sit by and let it go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaseballMom34
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry she married a man with a child they all come first if not she needs to get out.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Natasha99
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Thank you Mr Kenny's Mom...I feel like I have done everything I as a step parent can do for this child, but I can only do so much. I don't understand...I was told that if someone has a cough for a week, that has not gotten better, that they need to be seen by a doctor for testing...when I told his mother he had been sick all weekend, here, around my kids, she laughed it off, and was not at all concerned. Sometime I hate being a step parent!!!

MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM
That just isnt how it works. I it comes down to the life of a bio child or the life of a step child the bio child will be chosen everytime.

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Sorry she married a man with a child they all come first if not she needs to get out.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM
I understand how you feel.

Quoting Natasha99:

Thank you Mr Kenny's Mom...I feel like I have done everything I as a step parent can do for this child, but I can only do so much. I don't understand...I was told that if someone has a cough for a week, that has not gotten better, that they need to be seen by a doctor for testing...when I told his mother he had been sick all weekend, here, around my kids, she laughed it off, and was not at all concerned. Sometime I hate being a step parent!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured