Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Recently I have found out that there have been cases of Whooping cough in our area, and there has been one child sick in my daughter's school. My daughter is UTD on all immunization, but I have a 10 month old baby who is at a greater risk of getting sick. My step son comes to us on weekends, and he is always sickly, no one takes the child to the doc, and now he has all the symptoms of first stages of pertussis. I have asked that he be tested before he comes back to our house, and that was met with anger, from his mother and my husband. I am prepared to take my 2 children out of the house until I know that he is not sick...am I being crazy? Would anyone do the same thing? My husband thinks I am over reacting, and is pissed at me, but I don't want to put my children in harms way just because his child is basically neglected.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Replies (71-80):
MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I'm not the op

Quoting Anonymous:

Your husband can?!?!

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Step parents cant make medical desicions.

Quoting teenmomandpr587:

isnt the dad and you basically contributing to the little boys neglect since you refuse to take care of him and take him to the doctor as well. 

This is your husbands biological child, you cant ask him to pick and choose which children are more important than the others just because the other two came out of your vagina. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM
No she didnt.

Quoting Anonymous:

She did ANSWER your question. She said ALL kids are equal in her house.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

It not narrow minded at all. Its realistic. Go to the stepmom group and ask. Are you going to answer my question or continue to be afraid of your own answer?

Quoting BaseballMom34:

I'm not avoiding anything...I just don't agree with your narrow minded view....

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

I think you are avoiding the question because you dont want to admit the choice you would make. I have one child and two step children. I love my step children but if I was forced to make a choice I would absolutely with no shame choose MY CHILD.

Quoting BaseballMom34:

There is no choice to be made they are all our children.....Would you chose one of your children over the other?
Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

So if forced who would you choose?

Quoting BaseballMom34:

I do and so does he..in our house all the children are equal.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Thats not how it works for most people. Do you have any step kids? I promise you if your dh was forced to choose he would choose his bio children.

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Maybe in your world but not in mine. I'll be damned if my dh were to treat my child any differently than our two he would have been out on his ass a long time ago...when you marry a man you take care of him the same as you should any child that might come along with him.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

That just isnt how it works. I it comes down to the life of a bio child or the life of a step child the bio child will be chosen everytime.

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Sorry she married a man with a child they all come first if not she needs to get out.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Her actual children need to come first for her. He is not her child.

Quoting BaseballMom34:

He is your husbands child...its the responsibilities of both parents to care for the child..would you exile one of your children from the house if they were sick? If thus child is not being cared for you need to stand up and resolve the issue not idly sit by and let it go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Yeah I never said that. Some of you on here need to learn how to read.

Her YOUNG children who are AT RISK for it need to be PROTECTED. Do you understand sweetie?

Quoting BaseballMom34:

So I guess you should not care for your dh or he you..after all you are not blood related...
Quoting militarywife09:

No he has a mom. That is not OP. Her YOUNG children come first.

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Sorry she married a man with a child they all come first if not she needs to get out.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

He is your husbands child...its the responsibilities of both parents to care for the child..would you exile one of your children from the house if they were sick? If thus child is not being cared for you need to stand up and resolve the issue not idly sit by and let it go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaseballMom34
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Sweetie..I can read...all the children should be equal period..if you or others can't do this you need not be with someone with kids other than your..do you get it honey? Blood does not matter in families....
Quoting militarywife09:

Her YOUNG children who are AT RISK for it need to be PROTECTED. Do you understand sweetie?

Quoting BaseballMom34:

So I guess you should not care for your dh or he you..after all you are not blood related...
Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Are those straws youre grasping at?

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Well I think it's pretty shitty you wouldn't want to protect your child (blood or not). If I had a stepchild that was young, and my child (maybe from another realtionship) who was older, and my child had a sickness that my stepchild was at risk for I would be trying to separate them. Whether I take my child or my stepchild away doesn't matter. it's common sense really.

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Sweetie..I can read...all the children should be equal period..if you or others can't do this you need not be with someone with kids other than your..do you get it honey? Blood does not matter in families....
Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaseballMom34
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Lmao...you obviously can't read I am saying that all the kids are equal... That all the kids need to be taken care of equally..step or blood..nowhere did I ever say I wouldn't protect any of the kids. My point has always been that all the miss shoukd be treated equally regardless of their status.
Quoting militarywife09:

Well I think it's pretty shitty you wouldn't want to protect your child (blood or not). If I had a stepchild that was young, and my child (maybe from another realtionship) who was older, and my child had a sickness that my stepchild was at risk for I would be trying to separate them. Whether I take my child or my stepchild away doesn't matter. it's common sense really.

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soontobemommie3
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Where would your daughter go *IF* she had it? Would you ship her out? Or the baby? Just asking. Not being snarky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Natasha99
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:23 AM

All I want is for him to see a doctor. If my child was sick, I would take them to the doctor. I don't think it's too much to ask for people to at least have their child see a doc, if it meant keeping other kids from getting sick. I would never put my kids in a situation where they could make other kids sick, if I hadn't done all I could.

Natasha99
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I am not just blaming the BM. This conversation has been non stop at my house, I know it is my husbands responsibility as much as it is hers. So how do I force him to see that?? In my defence, I did not know pertussis was at my daughters school until Monday afternoon when she came home with a letter, and my SS had gone home that morning. I am sure it probably is just a cold, but I got a bit nervous when I saw that is was going around.

If my daughter, or baby were sick, I would take them to the doctor to make sure it was nothing more than a cold before I was comfortable taking them out around other children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN