Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Naive Carrie Underwood Gives Her Husband a Hall Pass When He Goes Out (VIDEO) Do you let your husband go out whenever he wants?

Posted by   + Show Post

Naive Carrie Underwood Gives Her Husband a Hall Pass When He Goes Out (VIDEO)

Posted by Mary Fischer on May 1, 2012 

carrie underwoodAhh -- newlyweds. Don't they make you giggle a little bit sometimes? They're just so naive and in love and totally have their heads in the clouds. But then again, most of us did too at one point or another. That's part of the fun of getting married, right? Carrie Underwood tied the knot with Mike Fisher a little less than two years ago, and they're obviously still enjoying the honeymoon period.

She must be deliriously blinded by love (gag me), especially since she went ahead and gave Mike a major hall pass in her new Glamour interview.

Carrie gushed over how amazing he is and how much she trusts him and all that good stuff, and then went on to say:

I don’t have to worry about Mike. I don’t think twice. He’s going out? I don’t care; it doesn’t bother me. I don’t bat an eye.

OMG. I can't help but feel a little bit bad for her, because she probably has no idea she just gave her husband a free ticket to party it up with the boys (and do God knows what else) for the remainder of their marriage. Because if she ever so much as questions him about what he is up to or where he is headed, he can throw her words right back in her face by saying, "Oh c'mon -- I thought you totally trusted me, doll!"

Don't get me wrong, it's all well and good that Carrie has so much confidence in Mike and that she's certain he won't engage in any sort of bad behavior. But did she really have to throw in the bit about not caring one bit if he goes out? Because something tells me if he's suddenly M.I.A. every single Saturday night after they have a couple of kids down the road, she's not going to be quite as lenient with him. Can't you picture how their future phone conversations will go down once kiddos enter the picture?! (I'll try and contain my laughter as best I can.)

Good thing for Carrie, she's got some time to ride the newlywed wave with Mike before he gets a hankering for a little more action. As you will hear in this video clip, they're taking things nice and slow when it comes to being a boring old married couple.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Do you let your husband go out whenever he wants?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
AnastasiaKorsh
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM

"Whenever he wants"? No. He makes it a point to ask if he can go somewhere, just like I make it a point to ask him if I want to go out.

504bbymami
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM
He's a grown man and does what he wants
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Let him? He is an adult, he does as he pleases. 

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Huh? She trusts her husband. I trust dh. I tell him he can do whatever he wants, but to remember there are consequences. ;) He respects me and wouldn't do anything to break that trust.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gum.drop
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM
3 moms liked this
Stupidest.article.ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Ummm... last I checked, my husband was 36 years old and perfectly capable of making his own decisions. After 21 years together, I fully trust my husband. I do not care if he goes out- of course, my guy is the biggest computer nerd ever, so when he goes out, he meets other computer nerds and they play games. As a matter of fact, he is at his pal's house tonight playing Dungeons and Dragons. He goes every Tuesday night. On Saturday morning, he will be meeting the men from our Sunday School group and they will go work in a lady's yard doing all kinds of work since she is wheel chair bound. Next Saturday, he will be going to a game day for Church where he is a Mentor for teens. He goes out every week and I have no issue with it at all. I am perfectly capable of parenting our children while he is gone- I'm a SAHM and I do it all day everyday anyway while he is upstairs in his office working. His weekly game nights are some of the only times he leaves the house.

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

liz.1986
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Where exactly does it say he gets a "hall pass?" (unless it's in the video I didn't watch)

Does the author of this Stir post even know what a hall pass is?

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

That is such a poorly written article by someone who obviously has never had a good relationship. She did nothing to even warrant the label of "hall pass."

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh...i hate the stir writers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Um no, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)