Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It irritates the hell out of me...

Posted by   + Show Post
When people say "prolly". Do you actually say prolly instead of probably?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:58 PM
That bugs me too but the worst is "irregardless".

Quoting phoebe81:

You're prolly just jelly.

I crack myself up :P. On another note, people who say "could care less" annoy the crap out of me. That means that you do, in fact, care.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Are you that sad?

Quoting couponluv72:

if i could reach through this screen and smack you i would

Quoting AlyBren:

You spelled grammar wrong.

Quoting couponluv72:

you are honestly this bored? only deepest boredom brings out the grammer/spelling nazis. we are in trouble now

Quoting AlyBren:

Do you mean that you COULD care less, or you COULDN'T care less?

Because when you say you "could care less," it implies that you do care, thus there is ability for it to be lessened.

When you say you "couldn't care less," that means that you care so little that you have no more left to threaten to not care about. 

Quoting couponluv72:

could care less

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singletiredmom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM
I can't even bring myself to use "prolly" when texting. But I'm old.... Lol

My pet peeve is "irregardless". But I never correct anyone. It gets used so much that people just think it's a word. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radioheid

Ahem...it is spelled "grammar", and you should always capitalize and end sentences with a punctuation mark.

Quoting couponluv72:

you are honestly this bored? only deepest boredom brings out the grammer/spelling nazis. we are in trouble now

Quoting AlyBren:

Because when you say you "could care less," it implies that you do care, thus there is ability for it to be lessened.

When you say you "couldn't care less," that means that you care so little that you have no more left to threaten to not care about. 

Quoting couponluv72:

could care less

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

couponluv72

arghhhhh grammar nazis are annoying and so are spelling nazis. get a life. 

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Are you that sad?

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting AlyBren:

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting AlyBren:

Quoting couponluv72:

could care less

Please do not friend request me. I am not accepting any friend invites. sorry. 

im sorry

AlyBren
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Sadly, that's not even the worst of it.

Then they cry about mean ol' Miss B. who deducts 5 points off their paper for every instance of 'txt spk' that I see.

Several of them ended up getting 50+ points down on their first paper of the semester, just for not spelling their damn words out in a university composition course. They learn pretty quick, or they drop. Heh.

I haven't been teaching very long, but my mentor has said that this is not a new phenomenon with the advent of internet and mobile phones, so at least that gives me some comfort that things aren't descending before my eyes.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

WOW

Quoting AlyBren:

Me. Frickin'. Too.

I've actually had university students - ONES WHO GOT INTO A GOOD UNIVERSITY - write "prolly" on papers.

*facepalm*

couponluv72

please kill me

Quoting radioheid:

Ahem...it is spelled "grammar", and you should always capitalize and end sentences with a punctuation mark.

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting AlyBren:

Quoting couponluv72:

could care less

Please do not friend request me. I am not accepting any friend invites. sorry. 

im sorry

AlyBren

Oooh, e-threats of smacking! Quaking in my boots, I am!

Quoting couponluv72:

arghhhhh grammar nazis are annoying and so are spelling nazis. get a life. 

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Are you that sad?

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting AlyBren:

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting AlyBren:

Quoting couponluv72:

could care less

jshalas89
I hate "anyways". It's "anyway". No S at the end! Freaking annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I don't say it, but I will prolly type it more than probably.  Depends on who i'm texting to also :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN