Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cut myself. (graphic picture)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

i used to do it a lot in high school, mostly for attention, like a cry for help. I stopped for 8 years. now at 24 when i get stressed or mad its the only thing that will calm me down. if i get upset and dont cut its all i think about. i do it places that nobody will see like my thigh or my back and sides. i wish i could handle anger/stress/sadness like a normal person :(

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I was molested by my father and for all of my teenage years and into college I did too. Thankfully when I met my dh and could talk to someone I was able to stop doing it. Maybe you should see a therapist? It might help to have someone to talk too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Why does that calm you? When you are stressed out and want to cut yourself, does your head hurt really badly? Strange question, I know, but I have a reason for asking it. 

couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM

sounds like you need to reach out for some helping coping with stress and your life right now hon. this is not healthy for you to keep giving in to the urge , you could accidentally cut too deep sometime

ha.skrllx
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:33 PM
I feel the same way. Its been years for me.

That said ADD A TRIGGER WARNING.

Darn it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:33 PM

:(  Are you seeing a doctor? 

LatashaNicole
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
1 mom liked this

Please please please seek professional help :( this hurts my heart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM

im not sure why it calms me, its like as soon as i feel the razor going accross all of my anxiety is lifted but i'll still think about why im mad and upset. and no my head doesnt start to hurt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does that calm you? When you are stressed out and want to cut yourself, does your head hurt really badly? Strange question, I know, but I have a reason for asking it. 

kaitalynn
I understand the need. I did it myself in high school. I only stopped because it began to sicken and sadden me more when I saw the scars, than the relief I felt when I caused them. Hope you get the help you need. <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ha.skrllx
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I think unless you wear pants all the time thats a poor choice on placement. What happens is your kid sees it or someone else and reports you for being unstable?

Quoting Anonymous:

i used to do it a lot in high school, mostly for attention, like a cry for help. I stopped for 8 years. now at 24 when i get stressed or mad its the only thing that will calm me down. if i get upset and dont cut its all i think about. i do it places that nobody will see like my thigh or my back and sides. i wish i could handle anger/stress/sadness like a normal person :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN