Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son thinks that I am being mean when I am being sarcastic

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM
  • 29 Replies

I am starting to think he is as big of a whiner as the chicks on Cafemom.

We went out for dinner.  The kids ordered this pizza that was huge and I had a sandwich.  My 9 year old says, "If you want a piece of our pizza, you can have one."

I said, "Thank you for allowing me to have a piece of pizza that I paid for. That is very nice of you."  and started laughing.  I was obviously joking with him.  He said it was mean and made him feel embarrassed.  His brother told him that I was just joking and not to take things so seriously.

Bad Mom!!  Boo!!  Hiss!!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 1, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm always sarcastic to my 4 year old. She will be awesome when she gets bigger, but for now she always looks at me weird.

activitymode
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Claire is six and doesnt quite get sarcasm yet. She will though when shes older lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

He can usually take it, but he was being a grouch tonight.  Sometimes, he is just sensitive. He was already mad at me because he said, "We ALWAYS go to the same place" and didn't want to go there.  We have been there like twice in a year...lol.

Quoting mandee1503:

I'm always sarcastic to my 4 year old. She will be awesome when she gets bigger, but for now she always looks at me weird.

angelbaby1977
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it sounds mean too, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pochaccotx
by Lost on May. 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM

lol i am trying to teach my 7 yr old sarcasm and her dad hates it oh well lol

mstevens10
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Lol kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fallaya
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM

The same with my three year old!  I have to constantly remind my SO that our dd doesn't quite understand sarcasm at her age!

Quoting activitymode:

Claire is six and doesnt quite get sarcasm yet. She will though when shes older lol

"What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say" Ralph Waldo Emerson
iluv2meow
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM

gurl the only way to survive teen years is SARCASM trust me i end up using it daily and often....

anon1986East
by Kali on May. 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM

That's the issue with my 7 year old DD, she has a very dry sense of humor so to speak and it's hard to tell when she's joking. My 6 year old DD has my sense of humor, it's easy to tell when we're joking.

mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM

LoL! That warrants sarcasm then.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

He can usually take it, but he was being a grouch tonight.  Sometimes, he is just sensitive. He was already mad at me because he said, "We ALWAYS go to the same place" and didn't want to go there.  We have been there like twice in a year...lol.

Quoting mandee1503:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)