Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who should have the talk with him?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Who should have the talk with DF's nephew?

Options:

Me

DF

Both of us as a united front

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

I have made a couple of posts about this before, but now it is past time to have this talk with DF's nephew and DF finally agrees, BUT...

For those that don't know, DF has an 18 year old nephew that stays at our house at least 4 or 5 nights a week. We pay him $20 a night to babysit when both we have to work nights. My children are 12 and 5 and he is usually with the kids only an hour or so before bedtime. Basically, we are paying him just to have an adult in the house in case of emergency because he doesn't actually DO anything.

He eats our food, uses our utilities, internet, uses our extra vehicle to go where he wants and needs to go, we give him gas money to go to college and football practice etc. I finally had enough tonight when he showed up out of the blue again because I was really looking forward to having some alone time after the kids went to bed. I texted DF and told him how I feel, that I shouldn't have to pay him to babysit every night that we have to work or if I just want to go out and get out of the house for a while.

DF agrees, but he says that *I* need to talk to him, but I disagree. It is HIS nephew and WE pay the bills. I think either DF should talk to him or we should both talk to him.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoneBad31
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM

BUMP!

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM
He should. Otherwise you're the bitch wife. I believe each person should deal with their own family members unless its somehow unavoidable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoneBad31
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I agree. I have been there with the ex in-laws. It was like the ex was afraid to put his foot down with his own family.

I don't mind talking to him with DF, but I think DF should be the one to lay down the law so to speak.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

He should. Otherwise you're the bitch wife. I believe each person should deal with their own family members unless its somehow unavoidable.

GoneBad31
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:01 PM

BUMP!

GoneBad31
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:08 PM

BUMP!

GoneBad31
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM

BUMP!

.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm confused about why you wouldnt pay him..  Can you run that by me again? 

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM
both of you guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this
You're only paying $20 and he's stuck in the house not able to go out because you need a sitter... I don't think it's too much to pay him but that's just me...

Right or wrong if a conversation needs to be had with his nephew either both of you or DF should do it. If you do it alone you're the evil outsider causing family drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured