Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When would you call to see what's going on with DF?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM
  • 18 Replies

So, it's been a crazy day. DF's hours have been cut drastically for the next two weeks so one of the people higher up in his department offered for him to come in from 8am to 8pm today to make up at least some hours. My daughter ended up needing to go to the ER (she's fine!) and so he had to leave work for 2 hours. He went back. He said he'd be home by 10pm..it's almsot 11pm now. I'm a nervous person by nature lol, so I try to hold back.

However, it's not the normal for him to be there this late. The store he works at usually want employees out by 30 mins or so. I'm not going to call and make sure he's alright yet.

But..just wondering when you ladies would give a call to see whats up?

Edit-- I gave it 2 hrs past when he should be home. I called, obviously the store is closed, but I hit the option to speak with the manager on call. Nobody picked up. Granted, like I said, today is a weird day. He wasn't even supposed to be there..his department head kinda..got him in. I know some big clients or somethin like that were coming in today, the store was in a tizzy.

BUT I'm legit starting to panic now. Hearts racing, nervous..yeah. Giving it another 15 mins or so and I'll be calling again (night crew probably didn't get to the phone in time). IF he just ended up having to work a crapload more than thought..he's in a lot of shit. He knows to call me if he's gunna be more than an hour late. Just because I get worried. I bet that's what happened though..he just didn't call.

He works down the road..I mean, about a 10 minute walk at most. Kids are sleeping, otherwise I would have been down there already :P.

Edit 2-- OMFG. I finally got through to whoever the fuck it was at the store. I was like, is DF there? (i didnt use Df though lol). Guy was like "um,who?" at this moment my heart sunk..then I repeated his name. guy goes, "what department?" I told him, he goes "..well they're still doing resets so I'd imagine he's there" ..the mannerism of this dude freaked me the fuck out..like he wasnt sure what to make of the situation..like he thought DF had already left. So I flipped my shit, called my mom. Seen as, you know, the dude didn't even CHECK. But in the middle of flippin out and crying on the phone with my mom (who started to panic too), DF called.

The first words out of his mouth, "you know all the guys are teasing me about my mommy calling" he was joking..now normally I'd laugh at it because this is how we are anyways, we tease. but not this time, i was like "WHAT THE FUCK..TELL THEM TO KISS MY ASS! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU SAID YOU'D BE HOME AT 10" he's like "I'm sorry, I told you I didn't know when I'd be home" which isn't totally true, he said he should be home by 10..with the resets, yes, I knew it might be nuts..BUT 2 and a half hours late is well beyond the norm. The fucking store closes at like 9pm. so I told him "no, you said you'd be home at 10, and you should have fucking called! I was scared that something happened to you!" at this point I'm crying, more so at the  *not trying to panic before* and then the relief that he was okay, all the emotions flooded out. Like I said previously..been an emotionally tolling day, with having a scare with my DD and bringing her to the ER, then this. Not to mention I have finals this week and next..oh im not in the mood lol. He kept saying sorry, and I mentioned again that those dude can shove it and he's like "they were just kidding, I swear. I'm sorry. I'll try to get home asap" cuz he knows I have trouble sleeping when he's not home..it's rare he's home late..and I'm just not used to it..maybe I'm a whimp. But at first I was like "yeah" but then I said "well no, you need those hours AND I don't want you fucking over your coworkers, you just need to understand it wasn't that you're late, it's that I had no fucking clue what was going on and nobody answered the phone the first time I called. Now that I know you're okay and you'll be home at whatever time, it's okay. Just needed to know!" so we said our I love you's and stuff.

I called my mom back, to ease her mind too.

I know he meant no harm, and I know if he didn't call he had to be busy as heck cuz he never does this..BUT I still don't think it's okay..he should have found a way. But once they found out the wife called, they sure got on his ass fast to call me back LOL.

Thanks girls for your concern/following along. I was just so scared. What a freakin day! I got class bright and early in the morning..well guess I'll be one tired lady ;).

Here's the kicker--both my kids just woke up asking for more juice..they never wake up at night..they share a room..them both being up at the same time? I sense shanigans :P. Oh I'm in for one hell of a night.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Im a nervous person. I would atleast text with something totally random and just see if he answers, then you atleast know hes alright.

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on May. 1, 2012 at 11:04 PM

*sigh* I'd normally do this, except for the past 6 months we haven't had cell phones. Well we have on prepaid, which normally stays with me (I'm in school fulltime) cuz when he's at work, at the very least we can call the store and get through to him. If I did, I definitely would have!

Quoting Anonymous:

Im a nervous person. I would atleast text with something totally random and just see if he answers, then you atleast know hes alright.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

If he said he was leaving at 10 and he wasn't home at 11, then I would call to see what was going on.

thehickinhickor
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM

i would call and see what is going on if you don't want him to think you are worried asking him to pick up something you need on the way home so he thinks that is why you are calling 

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on May. 1, 2012 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, good idea! Seems to me I'm not as nutty as I thought. Idk, it's just been a whacky, rainy day. I get more nervous when it rains and he drives home because we once got in an accident that, we thank goodness, were fine with..but it could have been worse than it was.

I plan on calling him in a few mins

Quoting thehickinhickor:

i would call and see what is going on if you don't want him to think you are worried asking him to pick up something you need on the way home so he thinks that is why you are calling 

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on May. 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM

ugh..

truth.be.told
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Hope everythings ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by โ˜†Mrs.Winchesterโ˜† on May. 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I would be blowing up that phone right now. Good luck, let us know what happens. Does he have a cell?

Grumpylilpixy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

2 hours past time he should have been home and I would be livid...

couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

i would be as worried and besides myself as you are feeling. i would be very upset if my husband was just dilly dallying somewhere and did not think i would worry to pick up a phone and check in. i hope he is ok. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN