Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really freaked out right now!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I just got an email from my 12yo son's dad that my son tried running away from home (at his dad's) last night.  He made it about 7 miles of the nearly 300 he was trying to go to get to my house before his dad found him after he got home from his AA meeting.  He said something at some point about rather dying than staying with his dad anymore so his dad took him for mental evaluation at the local hospital.  He told the social worker that he knew how to make a noose and was willing to use it if he still had to live with his dad, so they admitted him.  I really hope he gets some good help and maybe his idiot dad will stop fighting me for primary custody!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Why dont you have custody if his "idiot" dad is "fighting" you for primary custody? Looks likes he already has custody of him.
SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on May. 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM

OMG wow......I hope he gets the help he needs. I would also wonder what the fuck his dad is doing that is scaring your son so much. That's not a good sign!!

SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on May. 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

How much more proof does a judge need? You got it all right there. He's yours for sure. No judge would force a child to live where they refused to..,...not under THAT kind of distress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Seeing as this happened on his watch it won't hurt you any. How old is your son? Does he have a guardian ad litem? You can request one from the courts.
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on May. 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Wow. I'm so sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why dont you have custody if his "idiot" dad is "fighting" you for primary custody? Looks likes he already has custody of him.

He does have custody right now, because he lied to the courts about my address when he filed for custody years ago so the info about the court date was sent to the wrong address and I didn't find out about it until afterwards, when he'd already been granted full custody.  I've been trying to get him back, but haven't had the money for a lawyer.  Hopefully this will be enough that his dad will give him back to the family he's SUPPOSED to be with.

couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM

oh wow momma, how very scary and worrying. a child at 12 should not have such despiar. sounds like something is very wrong. i am glad his father took it seriously and got help. 

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I would be freaked out too. I hope things work out and he will be okay. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM
That's scary :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Seeing as this happened on his watch it won't hurt you any. How old is your son? Does he have a guardian ad litem? You can request one from the courts.

He's 12. What's a "guardian ad litem"?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)