Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

32 with a 20 year old child! Wow! *Update*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I can't believe my first child was born 20 years ago today and my second was born 2 years ago!! How far apart are your kids?

*Update*

Ok.  I can't keep up with the replies.

The 20 year old is my brother.  I started raising him, as well as my sisters when I was 12 years old.  He was about 3 months old, my sisters were 6 and 3 at the time.  My father was a deadbeat dad and my brother's father was a deadbeat dad.  My sister's father was and still is not, but he only had visitation of every other weekend.  My mom was a functioning alcoholic that worked a really crazy schedule.  I went to school and came home to take care of 3 kids.  When I was 27 my mom passed away of liver failure and I got full custody of my brother, who was 15 at the time.  No I didn't not give birth to him, but all other manners he is my kid.

My DD was born 14 days before my brother's 18th birthday and 6 days after mine.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (201-210):
demlilkit
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM
You called her stupid is that not judging?.. no I have not judged.you I find not accuse.you of doing something.

Quoting evensmummy:

Once again... you are making a bad judgment on someone you don't know. Did I question her once? No. Was I just about to jump on here and defend her? Yes. And why the hell am I telling you all of this anyway?? You have an opinion of a random person you know ABSOLUTELY nothing about. I have nothing to prove to you. I don't make judgmental comments. I support people. That is who I am. I don't have to prove that to you. So. Now I am going to stop bickering with someone who likes to judge women they don't even know and play with my baby who won't sleep. Goodnight.

Quoting demlilkit:

Well shew has the right to be seeing that she didn't ask you to pry into her life... Maybe she didn't want to answer all the questions because people like you can seem to mind their buisness. She was just.happy.for her 20 yr old. She never once said she gave birth to him

Quoting evensmummy:

I didn't question, or judge for that matter, until I saw that she was being purposefully vague. So, who is jumping to conclusions and judging now....??

Quoting demlilkit:

No she just walk.g how far apart everyone kids are not for u to question and judge her.

Quoting evensmummy:

Hey... she was only getting what she was asking for. She did that on purpose. I was genuinely feeling compassion for her, but she posted this way and it was on purose to create drama. Nope. Not stupid. Sorry.

Quoting demlilkit:

You all are stupid jumping to conclusions with out getting facts. That is what I do not like about people judging others why not just say congratulations and be happy for her instead of picking apart everything in her life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bunni23
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on raising your kids. And good job doing it from what it sounds like all by yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Thank you for standing up for me.  I do appreciate it.  Thing is I never once said I gave birth to him.  That was assumed by others.  Yes he is my brother, but also, legally, he is my child.  When my mother passed away he became my child.  His father signed off all rights and he became mine.  So legally and technically he is my child.

Quoting evensmummy:

Once again... you are making a bad judgment on someone you don't know. Did I question her once? No. Was I just about to jump on here and defend her? Yes. And why the hell am I telling you all of this anyway?? You have an opinion of a random person you know ABSOLUTELY nothing about. I have nothing to prove to you. I don't make judgmental comments. I support people. That is who I am. I don't have to prove that to you. So. Now I am going to stop bickering with someone who likes to judge women they don't even know and play with my baby who won't sleep. Goodnight.

Quoting demlilkit:

Well shew has the right to be seeing that she didn't ask you to pry into her life... Maybe she didn't want to answer all the questions because people like you can seem to mind their buisness. She was just.happy.for her 20 yr old. She never once said she gave birth to him

Quoting evensmummy:

I didn't question, or judge for that matter, until I saw that she was being purposefully vague. So, who is jumping to conclusions and judging now....??

Quoting demlilkit:

No she just walk.g how far apart everyone kids are not for u to question and judge her.

Quoting evensmummy:

Hey... she was only getting what she was asking for. She did that on purpose. I was genuinely feeling compassion for her, but she posted this way and it was on purose to create drama. Nope. Not stupid. Sorry.

Quoting demlilkit:

You all are stupid jumping to conclusions with out getting facts. That is what I do not like about people judging others why not just say congratulations and be happy for her instead of picking apart everything in her life.

AshleyGaddis
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Ok lol that makes more sence

Quoting stephjohn:

well their not exactly 2 yrs. the ages go twins are 4 will be 5 oct, other dd is 2 will be 3 dec., and youngest is 8 mnths will be 1 in aug. They were born 07,09,2011

Quoting AshleyGaddis:

How can you have 4 kids ALL under 4 but 2yrs apart?

Quoting stephjohn:

each are 2yrs apart. I have 4 total =) right now i have 4 under 4

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
all_4_my_son
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Eh....it is what it is.....DS is a handful though, so I am good :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG!  I am sooo very sorry!

Quoting all_4_my_son:

I should have an 18 year old, 12 year old and 11 year old.....but I lost them all in my 2nd trimester with each.

So, DS is my only one and he is 8

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evensmummy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM

No. Reread this thread. I said I wasn't stupid.. Please. Really. Reread. I absolutely did NOT call her stupid. I saw someone ELSE call her stupid. That wasn't me. I think it is awesome that she raised her brother. I still think she did this post this way on purpose... Oh well.. 

Quoting demlilkit:

You called her stupid is that not judging?.. no I have not judged.you I find not accuse.you of doing something.

Quoting evensmummy:

Quoting demlilkit:

Quoting evensmummy:

Quoting demlilkit:

Quoting evensmummy:

Quoting demlilkit:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Ah but don't you know that Cafemom is actually the Golden Cunt Club. Unless you gave birth to a child it us not your child and you are not a mother. The Golden Cunt Fundamentalists go so far as to say unless a child came out of your vagina you did not actually give birth!

Quoting Anonymous:

No I did not try to twist things to make you think I got pregnant or gave birth!  Never once did I even hint any of that.  Legally he is my child and my oldest child.  So no I did not lie or any of that.  No i didn't got push him out, but I did raise him and he ended his childhood in my custody.

Quoting Anonymous:

So your trying to twist things to seem like YOU got pregnant and YOU fave birth...so STUPID!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

He ended his childhood in my custody so legally, he is my child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is the oldest your biological child or one that you raised because you were the oldest and had to take care of the other kids and you feel like he/she is your child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM
No, maybe you should read what I wrote! SHE twisted words around to make people BELIEVE she gave birth. That was stupid!! She answerd questions without really answering a thing, but twisting words

Quoting demlilkit:

So everyone who adopts a.kid is twisting things.to make it seem like they gave birth to the kid. You assumed.she gave.birth.

Quoting Anonymous:

So your trying to twist things to seem like YOU got pregnant and YOU fave birth...so STUPID!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is the oldest your biological child or one that you raised because you were the oldest and had to take care of the other kids and you feel like he/she is your child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I didn't think any one would think I actually gave birth to him.  In every other way, then that, he his my child so it's not like I was lieing or anything.   Yes he was born 20 days after my 12th birthday, I started taking care of him when he was 3 months old.  I was not raped, did not choose to have him, was not given a choice in if he was born or not, I didn't plan him or DD, he does not call me mom, but introduces me to his friends as his mom.

Quoting evensmummy:

No. Reread this thread. I said I wasn't stupid.. Please. Really. Reread. I absolutely did NOT call her stupid. I saw someone ELSE call her stupid. That wasn't me. I think it is awesome that she raised her brother. I still think she did this post this way on purpose... Oh well.. 

Quoting demlilkit:

Quoting evensmummy:

Quoting demlilkit:

Quoting evensmummy:

Quoting demlilkit:

Quoting evensmummy:

Quoting demlilkit:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Where did I twist words?  Where did I even hint that I gave birth to him?  No where!  Yes he is my child, in every other sense of the word.  He legally became my child when our mother passed away, so when I say MY KID is 20 years old, I'm not lieing.  He is legally my kid!

Quoting Anonymous:

No, maybe you should read what I wrote! SHE twisted words around to make people BELIEVE she gave birth. That was stupid!! She answerd questions without really answering a thing, but twisting words

Quoting demlilkit:

So everyone who adopts a.kid is twisting things.to make it seem like they gave birth to the kid. You assumed.she gave.birth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)