Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will they care?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

So my ex has been texting me out of no where telling me he will be enrolling my son into school soon and needs to know when I will be moving back in state (I never even said I WAS moving back in state). Here's the thing. My son hasn't even turned 4 yet, not til this summer so it has to be preschool. I asked EX what school and he said he doesnt know yet just needs to know when I'll be moving back because my parenting time will change (meaning he thinks I'll see DS a lot less since I usually have him almost 3 weeks at a time) because he's going to school. I told him that DS3 isn't even 4 yet and if/when I move I will give him the required notice and my new address per the CO. 
So will the judge really cut down my parenting time because he is in preschool?
On a side note I honestly don't think he's really enrolling him into school at all and is just fishing for info, he's EXTREMELY controlling and tries to be manipulative and everything.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaelle88
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:29 AM
He has no permission to really ask you for any info. Personally if anyone should be enrolling him in school it should be you unless your not the primary care giver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:33 AM

i doubt you will get your time cut for pre-school. your ex sounds like a real treat, sorry you have to deal with him for life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM
No he is, sorry should've put that in op. The judge wouldn't let me move him out of state and at the time I didn't have anywhere else to live. We used to have 50/50. We still have 50/50 legal. I get him 3 weeks every other month. But I'm only required to tell him my new contact info within 24 hours of any change, same as he is required to tell me within 24 hours, but I usually tell him at least a week early.
He thinks because my dh is army that he has orders stating we will be at our current duty station from mm/yy til mm/yy and that after that well automatically go to the base near him, and when I told him that's not how it works he said I was lying and I had that info and he needed to have it (this was at Christmas time when I asked to change a week of scheduled time to a different week because of Christmas)

Quoting mamaelle88:

He has no permission to really ask you for any info. Personally if anyone should be enrolling him in school it should be you unless your not the primary care giver.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Oh he's lovely, can't ya tell (note HEAVY sarcasm!)
I doubt he's even enrolling him but I wanted to be safe and prepared for papers *just in case*

Quoting couponluv72:

i doubt you will get your time cut for pre-school. your ex sounds like a real treat, sorry you have to deal with him for life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM

bumppp

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM

noone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM

TheMommaJessie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I don't think the judge would or can do that.. Most kids whos parents live in the same school  district have the same schedule they did before a parent moved back to the state or closer to the child. If you have 3 weeks at a time what the judge will say is your son will stay at your home and go to preschool from your home and come to your home after.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM

We live in different states. And when we move in state again we won't be in the same district. And I'm not giving up the little time I get with him for him to go sit in preschool... His dad doesnt work or go to school I don't see why he's putting him in there....

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

I don't think the judge would or can do that.. Most kids whos parents live in the same school  district have the same schedule they did before a parent moved back to the state or closer to the child. If you have 3 weeks at a time what the judge will say is your son will stay at your home and go to preschool from your home and come to your home after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)