Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Little girls allergic to sun

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this
I remember in the late 80s/early 90s there was a story about two girls that were allergic to the sun. Anyone know what happened to them?

ETA: http://www.people.com/people/archive/issue/0,,7566900514,00.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on May. 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Uh..........no I was born in the late 80's so BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellieknits
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I remember reading about them.  I googled, but it just brought up a bunch of other kids with the allergy!  How crazy and sad for these poor kids!  If you find anything, link it, I'd like to know too.  I'll link if I find anything.

ffpm10
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Never heard of them. But I've seen "The Others"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on May. 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM
I have no clue.
mommamimzy2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM
I will. I remember there was a 20/20 type show with them and a magazine article. I think we read it in class or something. I hope they were able to live productive lives. If I do find an update I will post :)

Quoting kellieknits:

I remember reading about them.  I googled, but it just brought up a bunch of other kids with the allergy!  How crazy and sad for these poor kids!  If you find anything, link it, I'd like to know too.  I'll link if I find anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

i dont remember what happened later in life to them,. i remember the story though. about them playing outside at night. 

HouseKatof2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Their names were Jamie and Sherry Harrison. According to a review of the movie made about their life "Children of the Dark" from 1994, as of a year ago they were still alive & still living in the dark.  

pasteeater
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM
I don't know what happened to them but they used to live a few towns over from where I lived. I remember seeing them on 20/20.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellieknits
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Thank you!

Quoting HouseKatof2:

Their names were Jamie and Sherry Harrison. According to a review of the movie made about their life "Children of the Dark" from 1994, as of a year ago they were still alive & still living in the dark.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommamimzy2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Thanks!!!

Quoting HouseKatof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)