Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why The Heck Would You Do This?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I am in the middle of an adoption case and yesterday, we met with the attorney for the children, called the Guardian Ad Litim. He told us that the birth parent in this case (this is a step parent adoption), had called him and told him that paternity was established only on the birth certificate.

My husband and mother said they both think that he's trying to deny the kids. He was there when they were born, he wanted to be put on the birth certificate (we weren't married) and then, when I took him to court for custody and child support, he didn't deny them at all. They think he is trying to deny them to get out of having to pay the $20,000 he owes in back child support OR to try to save face and say the reason he's not paid or been in their lives is because he thought they wasn't his.

It seems stupid to me, because if either of these are the case, it's on HIM to have to pay for the testing and he KNOWS that the kids are his, because I was 100% faithful to him (a favor which was not returned).

What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN