Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sloppily dressed, why?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 512 Replies
6 moms liked this

Before simply reading the first few lines and then jumping right into the conversation read what I have typed in red and underlined for a better understanding of the topic at hand.  It is all fine and dandy to jump to conclusions and go off the introduction to a thread but a deeper perspective goes a long way.

While I was sitting in the hospital yesterday waiting for DH to finish his radiation treatment, lab work and talking to his chemo doctor I did what I usually do, people watch. 

Now before I start I will say that I was wearing a pair of jeans, a black quarter sleeve top and a pair of Merril fast packing boots, nothing dressy or special, my normal every day wear.

As I was looking around I noticed how many people were dressed rather sloppily.  Men with ill fitting pants and shirts (yes I consider baggy pants and t shirt 2 sizes too big ill fitting and sloppy) and women in the equivolent of pajama pants and t-shirts. 

Of course I reminded myself that I was in a hospital where many people come because they are sick and not feeling their best and probably not up for dressing their best but it did make me wonder.  What ever happened to looking your best?  In my opinion the way you dress not only shows respect to those around you but also to yourself.  Now, I am not calling for the days when women wore only dresses and men walked around in tailored suits but I do wonder why it is so hard to put on well fitting, nice clothes such as a pair of clean jeans and a nice top. 

For reference, this IMO is sloppy

This is well dressed

Now of course I realize that tastes vary and not everyone will agree what is and is not fashionable so these pics are only examples.  But tell me why, why do some people insist on dressing decently when the leave their home?  No matter how tired I am I always ensure that my apperance is neat and clean and does DH. It shows that we respect ourselves and those around us. 

Edited to bold, highlight, italicize and underline that I realized I was in the hospital for those judging me because they didn't read the entire post.

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes. Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes. Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain. ~Butthole Surfers

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:27 AM
11 moms liked this

you have got to be kidding? people who are ill and getting treatment, the last thing likely on their mind is wether their clothes are sloppy or not. WTF?

Quoting bluespagan:

While I was sitting in the hospital yesterday waiting for DH to finish his radiation treatment, lab work and talking to his chemo doctor I did what I usually do, people watch. 

Now before I start I will say that I was wearing a pair of jeans, a black quarter sleeve top and a pair of Merril fast packing boots, nothing dressy or special, my normal every day wear.

As I was looking around I noticed how many people were dressed rather sloppily.  Men with ill fitting pants and shirts (yes I consider baggy pants and t shirt 2 sizes too big ill fitting and sloppy) and women in the equivolent of pajama pants and t-shirts. 

Of course I reminded myself that I was in a hospital where many people come because they are sick and not feeling their best and probably not up for dressing their best but it did make me wonder.  What ever happened to looking your best?  In my opinion the way you dress not only shows respect to those around you but also to yourself.  Now, I am not calling for the days when women wore only dresses and men walked around in tailored suits but I do wonder why it is so hard to put on well fitting, nice clothes such as a pair of clean jeans and a nice top. 

Now of course I realize that tastes vary and not everyone will agree what is and is not fashionable so these pics are only examples.  But tell me why, why do some people insist on dressing decently when the leave their home?  No matter how tired I am I always ensure that my apperance is neat and clean and does DH. It shows that we respect ourselves and those around us. 

Please do not friend request me. I am not accepting any friend invites. sorry. 

im sorry

rockinmomto2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:27 AM
3 moms liked this

People who are sick aren't gonna want to put on khakis and a blazer. *shrug* Why judge them? What point does it serve?

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:28 AM

If they ar going to the hospital I highly doubt the last thing they care about is how they look.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this
All hail queen bluespagan

*eye roll*
AllieReed
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not even referring to the treatment part, but these days many people just don't care anymore.

It's sad to me

.Pagan.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

some people just aren't taught its important...others think they look awesome lol.  walmart is the best place to people watch when it comes to that. when i was much younger we would go to wlamart at like 3am and look at people. as for me i can not go out of my house like that. its just not in me..there are some days i wish i could though! on my lazy days i think 'it sure would be nice if i could stumble out of the house like this and be ok instead of doing my hair, makeup , and getting dressed"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM
4 moms liked this

Looking your best while your sick? You're kidding right? No way would I ever judge someone for dressing sloppy while their ill. They're at the hospital because their sick, not for a beauty contest!

.Pagan.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:31 AM
4 moms liked this

she acknowledged that. i think seeing it brought up the thought in her mind in regards to every day life...i know i have thought it more than once.

Quoting couponluv72:

you have got to be kidding? people who are ill and getting treatment, the last thing likely on their mind is wether their clothes are sloppy or not. WTF?

Quoting bluespagan:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2012 at 8:31 AM
7 moms liked this
Myob. Seriously, who gives a crap what others wear? Worry about yourself. Besides, just think- if everybody dressed "nice" like you, you wouldn't have anything to come on cm and post about! :)
couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this

she had to remind herself but she kept on the same track anyways. i just am astounded that someone would start even thinking this way when viewing how sick people are dressed in a hospital

Quoting .Pagan.:

she acknowledged that. i think seeing it brought up the thought in her mind in regards to every day life...i know i have thought it more than once.

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting bluespagan:

Please do not friend request me. I am not accepting any friend invites. sorry. 

im sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)