Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Before simply reading the first few lines and then jumping right into the conversation read what I have typed in red and underlined for a better understanding of the topic at hand.  It is all fine and dandy to jump to conclusions and go off the introduction to a thread but a deeper perspective goes a long way.

While I was sitting in the hospital yesterday waiting for DH to finish his radiation treatment, lab work and talking to his chemo doctor I did what I usually do, people watch. 

Now before I start I will say that I was wearing a pair of jeans, a black quarter sleeve top and a pair of Merril fast packing boots, nothing dressy or special, my normal every day wear.

As I was looking around I noticed how many people were dressed rather sloppily.  Men with ill fitting pants and shirts (yes I consider baggy pants and t shirt 2 sizes too big ill fitting and sloppy) and women in the equivolent of pajama pants and t-shirts. 

Of course I reminded myself that I was in a hospital where many people come because they are sick and not feeling their best and probably not up for dressing their best but it did make me wonder.  What ever happened to looking your best?  In my opinion the way you dress not only shows respect to those around you but also to yourself.  Now, I am not calling for the days when women wore only dresses and men walked around in tailored suits but I do wonder why it is so hard to put on well fitting, nice clothes such as a pair of clean jeans and a nice top. 

For reference, this IMO is sloppy

This is well dressed

Now of course I realize that tastes vary and not everyone will agree what is and is not fashionable so these pics are only examples.  But tell me why, why do some people insist on dressing decently when the leave their home?  No matter how tired I am I always ensure that my apperance is neat and clean and does DH. It shows that we respect ourselves and those around us. 

Edited to bold, highlight, italicize and underline that I realized I was in the hospital for those judging me because they didn't read the entire post.

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes. Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes. Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain. ~Butthole Surfers

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
.Pagan.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

omg...seriously...OP you are prob goin to need to bold highlight and turn the part red where you SAID that you acknowledged that they prob felt like poo since they were at a hospital. smh. i don't think people are even reading the entire thing.

bluespagan
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Oh wow,  ok so let me just point out one thing. 

from my OP

"Of course I reminded myself that I was in a hospital where many people come because they are sick and not feeling their best and probably not up for dressing their best but it did make me wonder."

So yes I reminded myself that I was in a hospital but I see this type of dress everywhere.  I see it in the store, on the streets, everywhere.  That is what I am talking about, not the sick people in the hospital.  So stop trying to make my post seem like I was judging the ill, I was not. 

bluespagan
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, so much easier to argue a straw man than the actual debate lol.

Quoting .Pagan.:

omg...seriously...OP you are prob goin to need to bold highlight and turn the part red where you SAID that you acknowledged that they prob felt like poo since they were at a hospital. smh. i don't think people are even reading the entire thing.

kristyann
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:34 AM
8 moms liked this
I have to tell you op, every post I see from you makes me like you less and less. You come off as very judgemental.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol you would have hated me then lol. I went to the hospital last Thursday for my surgery in pajamas. I didn't care, I was having surgery and wanted to be comfortable going home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2012 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people can't afford nice, new clothes.
.Pagan.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM

i havent even had my coffee yet and i caught what you are talking abt. i don't think its some far fetched idea that seeing one thing can lead you into thinking how it applies in your everyday life. that's what happened here..i don't see how that is so hard to grasp lol.

Quoting bluespagan:

Nope, so much easier to argue a straw man than the actual debate lol.

Quoting .Pagan.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow....judgmental much? Half the time I wear whatever and could care less who sees it.
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this
So if I decide to have a yoga pants day and don't present myself in a well assembled way, I'm disrespecting you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:37 AM

but the judgemental thinking stayed with you to post it here. it still started wtih you judging how sick people are dressing. ugh really?

Quoting bluespagan:

Oh wow,  ok so let me just point out one thing. 

from my OP

"Of course I reminded myself that I was in a hospital where many people come because they are sick and not feeling their best and probably not up for dressing their best but it did make me wonder."

So yes I reminded myself that I was in a hospital but I see this type of dress everywhere.  I see it in the store, on the streets, everywhere.  That is what I am talking about, not the sick people in the hospital.  So stop trying to make my post seem like I was judging the ill, I was not. 

Please do not friend request me. I am not accepting any friend invites. sorry. 

im sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)