Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're a mother to a boy...

Posted by   + Show Post
When you started potty training, did you start him off standing up or sitting on the potty? I'm new to this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
lilbit53009
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM

i started right after he turned 2. it took a few months for him to really catch on, but by 2.5 he was fully potty trained.  what finally worked for him was a potty chart where there were rows with 10 stickers each. everytime he went on he potty he got a sticker and after the row was filled he got to go to the store and pick out a toy. after 2 weeks with the chart he was all set.

i started him sitting down at first...but then he saw his dad standing up and didn't want to sit down anymore.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Never heard of that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sitting backwards makes it easier to transition into standing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM

right around 2.  I started him sitting until he was able to understand the idea.. then we switched to standing. 

pookienbobosmom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

We had our son sit backwards on the potty for a while. He's less likely to fall in and aiming is a lot easier :)

Holztastic
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I started him off sitting backwards on the potty. Then moved to standing on his stepstool in front.

LectioDivina
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM

He's three and still not tall enough to just walk up and stand there so he does this kind of spiderman leap onto the toilet....

LectioDivina
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

He started out just sitting like he would for poop

aschwarz06
Sitting. I'm not sure when he started standing really. But at 5 years old sometimes he sits sometimes he stands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2teens2LOs

setting all 3 of them on the big potty until they were big enough to tiptoe and reach.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 9:24 AM

First son I trained sitting, second son I trained standing. It didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN