Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't NEED to work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

My husband makes more than enough money to support us.  I could quit my job and we could live exaclty how we do now, no struggle.  I don't need to work for the money but I work full time anyways.

My son is school aged and I would feel lazy if I was capable of working but yet instead I just sat at home while he went to school and didn't contribute financialy snce I am able.

Since I don't choose to stay home apparently I'm a terrible mother to y'all

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Pats on the back to you!
couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

no you are perfectly fine. you have a school aged child so if you want to work away from home you are certainly not shoving him in a daycare to do it when you don't need to be. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM
7 moms liked this

:::eye roll:::

:::sigh::::

Just because some people think you're a bad mom doesn't mean you need to make a post saying what you do so that people can either come in and bash you or defend you. Do what is right for your family and that is it.

momof4boyz1girl
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM
That's not a bad thing. What the heck would you do all day while your kid is in school? I would be bored out of my mind lol. It's good you are making a better financial security for when you get older. Nothing wrong with making money even if you don't need it :)
nursetina
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with your decision. Good for you for wanting your son to have a better life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 2, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't feel you are a terrible mother, but also don't feel that it's either work or sit home all day. There are plenty of things sahm's of school age children can and do to fill their day and make it productive.

LoveMyLos
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM

i don't have to work either, but mama is getting a job. i agree with you. just bc you don't HAVE to work, why not? lol. 

MamaK313
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I plan on going back to work as soon as my youngest starts school. I don't need to work, but I won't need to stay home anymore once they're both in school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

pfft. Im done working unless its needed. I have one child and he is about to start school. I considered going back to work but my husband asked to me stay home and well.. i sure the hell am going to!! there are many things I might do with this time. The first thing is Im going to take nutrition classes at the local college. who knows after that. Im 42 and have worked full time the majority of my life since I was working age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN