Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't NEED to work

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband makes more than enough money to support us.  I could quit my job and we could live exaclty how we do now, no struggle.  I don't need to work for the money but I work full time anyways.

My son is school aged and I would feel lazy if I was capable of working but yet instead I just sat at home while he went to school and didn't contribute financialy snce I am able.

Since I don't choose to stay home apparently I'm a terrible mother to y'all

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM

ok? good for you?

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Nothing wrong with that at all.

Grumpylilpixy
Cookie?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2meow

i hate being SAHM

Mom2theboy1994

I'm in the same position as you are, but I chose not to work. And according to some, I too am a terrible mom, lol.

Don't let a bunch of crazy women make you feel bad for your decisions. As long as you are happy, and everyone is taken care of, who cares? :)

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM
I don't understand why people care what strangers on the Internet think of them. Lol, I think if you are happy, and your family is happy, that's all that matters.
IMHO ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I have no issue with working mothers, that is your choice and there is nothing wrong with it.

I'm not a big fan of your second paragraph, though. You made a post about not wanting to be bashed for your decision to work, yet you backhandedly bash SAHMs in that same post. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

:::eye roll:::

:::sigh::::

Just because some people think you're a bad mom doesn't mean you need to make a post saying what you do so that people can either come in and bash you or defend you. Do what is right for your family and that is it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nsparky1964
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM

We are in the same situation...he makes enough money to live exactly as we do now that I do not have to work....I have worked since I was 16yrs old...was a single mom for years, then my ex was a sickly man (brittle diabetic that didn't take care of himself or his health) and was sick in bed for months on end.....It is very very refreshing NOT having to work...I don't...I have been on a sabbatical for 18months...my sd is 16...my children are grown and gone...I love being home...sure sometimes I get bored...but not often...I visit with gal pals, go to the beach, ride my bicycle, or harley....If/when the day comes to where I have to work again then I will...but till then as long as dh is happy with me being home, then I am content to be right here!!!!

and YOU ARE NOT A TERRIBLE MOM...so get that out of  your head right now lady!!!!

Jessiejem
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Eh , not to me your not ! You choose to work, for whatever your reasons are , go for it mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN