Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I let my 4 year old suffer

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He didnt want to put on his sock and he put his shoes on the wrong feet. Now he has a huge painful blister on his toe and side of the foot. He couldnt put his shoes on today without screaming. I explained what caused the blister and took him to the babysitter in pain. I truly believe he will learn better this way.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Replies (111-120):
Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM

This had better be a troll post. Ladies have had CPS called on them for worse things. 

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My point was that she is the mother if he said put socks on then that should be it. I would never ague with my kids, when I say no or I tell them to do something's it's end of discussion. A parent should NEVER ague with a kid till they are "blue in the face". The child is just that a child they don't get to make the call.

Yes the child didn't really get hurt and yes it could be a learning experience but I just don't get fighting with a child. To each their own but my kids are 7 and 5 and they know what mom says she means. If they feel I'm being unfair they will tell me but in the end I'm the mom and that's that.

Quoting Anonymous:

i agree with this to an extent- only that sometimes you have to stick to your guns, not that you suck OP LOL. but sometimes a kid needs to learn by experience. now, running into the street, you just don't mess with, you say no and you don't cave.

if a kid doesn't want to put on his socks and you've argued til you're blue in the face and they STILL kick and scream over it, i don't see why letting it go is a big deal. the kid got blisters, he didn't get a permanent life injury. now next time mom says "hey, time to put on your socks" and he says no, she can say "remember that time you DIDN'T put on your socks and got booboos on your feet? do you really want that again?" the kid will remember it and be more willing to listen. 

and it isn't like she MADE him leave the house without socks. sometimes kids are just stubborn. 

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Congrats you suck. As a patent you should have made him put on the socks. I don't allow my kids to make their choices like that. When I say something it is done and that is the end off it. Try being a mom next time not a bully letting her child hurt himself instead of just making him listen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lvnmybabies248
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM
yeah you need some parenting classes. cause you suck as a mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SDarvasi
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I agree...but at 4, I would have MADE my "son" put on his socks regardless. There is not "that will teach him" at that age for me. Now, my 7 year old is older and mature enough to realise how dumb it is to wear shoes without socks. If she decided not to listen, then that's her own damn fault.

But letting a kid learn a lesson by their own mistakes, is different than a kid who kicks you in the stomach or throws something on the floor in a fit, and therefore, earns a pat on the bottom for the reckless behaviour. I caused the spanking....the kid causes their own blister. Sure, lesson learned might be the same...but the action to teach them is vastly different.

Quoting echoishername:

Not putting socks on, then getting a blister, is a natural consequence. Kids learn, if it hurts, don't do it. While I wouldn't spank for it, I don't consider the consequence all that different.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Spanking is usually the result of something they've done HORRIBLY wrong. Not putting on socks is NOT one of the reasons I would even think of spanking. SO yes, there is a very BIG difference in the choice of discipline.

Quoting echoishername:

I agree with most of this. And I'm a spanker.

Quoting GentleGoddess:

No theres not. Both are teaching your child a lesson in a painful way. As a parent, educate yourself on a better way to discipline. Your neglecting your Childs needs by resorting to violence, because your too damn lazy to find a better way.

No matter which way you write it or try to justify it, it's all the same and wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Theres a big difference between a spank for discipline. and something that is the result of negilence... she neglect to correct her child and explain why... my son tries to go with no socks or put his shoes on the wrong feet and I correct him everytime and guess what now my 4 yr old does it himself "oops mom i need my socks first heehe or opps thats not the right foot silly silly"

Quoting Anonymous:

I find it amusing that alot of these mothers are saying how could you do that. Yet they spank.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Come on, he's only 4 years old. You suck.....

sunfireprincess
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM

there are funny troll posts, and not so funny ones. If this is  troll, shame on her. if this is not a troll, double shame on her.

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

This had better be a troll post. Ladies have had CPS called on them for worse things. 

GCMomma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Way to blame and torture your 4 year old for something that was YOUR fault.  You are his mother.  If he doesn't want to wear socks, you put them on him anyway.  If he puts his shoes on the wrong feet, you take them off and put them on correctly.  You are horrible. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I mean at 4 my daughter can dress her self and look atleast half way matching, put her socks and shoes one, my almost 18 month old is starting to be able to put her sandels on the right feet by her self. If I ask her for her right foot she will give me it as like wise with the left. I guess it just depends on the child.

Quoting Aadensma:

My ds knew too. It's normal.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

okay maybe it is just me but my 4 year has knowen how to put her shoes on at the very least since she was almost 3 and knew which one was her left and which one was her right is that not normal?

BekkieBoodle
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Wow, you suck. I dont care if a child put their shoes on wrong. It is your job as a PARENT to show and to teach. SMH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pigtail
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM

What the..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN